how to add more receivers

mike_ayu

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
After having another switch mounted on my roof go bad, my installer replaced my 2 antenna setup with a new single triple LNB antenna (not sure which model as it just says Dish HD on it, no model number that I could find.) The new antenna just has 2 cables and these currently are used for each of my two existing receivers. I'd like to add 2 more receivers, but not sure if/how I do that. I assume there would be a switch that I run the 2 cables coming from the antenna to and split to 4 cables that run to each receiver (each receiver has a triplexer as they are all dual tuner receivers.)

Was thinking something like the DP34 would work? Can I actually run 8 tuners off the one antenna (sure hope so!)

Mike

No. DP 34 is runnin only one tuner per port. You'll need DPP44, and you need 3 cables going from antenna to switch. One for each lnb.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Martinash is right for 4 dual-tuner receivers. But, if you're willing to get by with only 3 dual-tuner receivers, your existing dish will work just fine (with the addition of another cable).

8 tuners or 4 dual tuner receivers? Either way DPP44 would be easier, but cascading several DPP33 would work as well. I'm not sure if the cost would be cheaper or not. (Tired, I guess I didn't finish reading the OP, Opps)

Its a Tad bit hard to cascade DPP 33 switch he's since they don't have passthru ports.......

One 44 into a 33 yes. Not more than 1 33 though.

See picture
No pass thru....

ForumRunner_20131118_085133.png

You'll need DPP44, and you need 3 cables going from antenna to switch. One for each lnb. Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That only depends on what setup it is. WA - yes one for each of the three sats. EA - not likely two would be fine as long as 77 is not needed for locals or Spanish programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts