How to add MPEG to C-Band system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Warbler

Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
Read everything posted but still am unsure...

I have had a DSR 922 for a few years and upgraded the LNB when I purchased it. I'm about to purchase a Pansat 2700a, but am clueless how to hook it up, but want to purchase everything at one time rather than have it arrive and not have the necessary hardware. Do I need to use a HF splitter?

Also, Dr Hydro mentioned that the Pansat does not have to operate as a slave. Did I understand it right? If so, how would I hook that up? Are there disadvantages?

We live in the boonies and everything must be ordered online.

Thanks! This forum is such a help...

I am trying to set my 10' BUD up to be operated by a FTA reciever, since we watch more FTA than subscription TV. For my wife and child its kind of hard for them to change the sat. postition via the analog reciever and then switch over to the pansat and find the proper channel.

Of course now that i have both a 6' and a 10' BUD i might just set one up for strictly fta, and the other up for strictly 4dtv ;) I know that two BUDs are not practical for most people, i just happen to have a wife that will let me do it, and the right property to do it on. I think all my friends believe i have gone nuts, but are too polite to tell me so :).........

For most people with a 4dtv i would recommend using the 4dtv as a "master" and the dvb reciever as a "slave", using the link that TDTI provided above.

Thanks! I love pictures -- much easier for me.

If I am correct, you only need the DiSEqC if you have C-band and KU (or something else). Otherwise, I can hook directly(splitter to FTA receiver)?

Can't wait to try it out. Will look forward to getting it set up!

Thanks again.

extra reciever trouble

I have 4dtv system set up, and I slaved a wiewsat 2000 to it in the fashion shown above. When I tried auto scan it came back with the message
"no tv channel" I have chapparal co rotor feedhorn, could the ku band lnb not
be working with the viewsat. The satellite I tried to scan was T4 on the old 4dtv, which I think is Ia8. The viewsat had no t4 or Ia8 in its name file.
I would appreciate any help, thank you.
Firtrader

Don't know about the Viewsat, but with my Pansat, I can create a new sat or rename an old sat. In my case, for IA8, I renamed the D* sat that is at 101.0w, cause I don't have a need for any D* sat's. It's been so long since anyone used T4, maybe where you have it set in the 4dtv program, IA8 may be off a bit. Maybe you should reprogram T4. This is what I did. I had to program in a "hot" transponder on the Pansat and move the dish with the 4dtv, while in program mode, east from G11 (GB) till I got a signal, while watching the meter on the Pansat. And don't forget to reprogram the setting for T4 if you do this.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)