How to combine Sat1 and Sat2 w/o acronyms

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RPerlot

Original poster
May 2, 2009
Seattle, WA
I have Directv. 2 LNB Oval dish. 1 RG6 line from dish to receiver. Only 1 DVR receiver.

How do I combine Sat1 and Sat2 close to the dish, run both signals down the RG6 trunk, then split them out to the dual inputs on the tuner.

I know diplexers combine OTA and Sat. I've seen SWM acronym, but don't know what it means. I just need info on hardware and where to get it.

I'm not anywhere close to an expert. Just a handy guy with an ultimate set of tools. Please, no acronyms or abbrev.. They'll get right by me.

RPerlot

About the only way to do this is with a stacker and destacker such as this. This is not an inexpensive undertaking but if installing a second cable is not possible, it would do the job if you can find one.

Stacker/Destacker info

Hey Bob,

I actually live on B.I., as well.

You referred to a stacker "such as this" but I didn't see any pic or link. Where can I get such a unit?

Rich.

The link in his post is the word "this" It should be a different shade of blue than the rest of the text in the post.

The SWM stand for Single Wire Multiswitch, and is only compatible with newer receivers and would require a new dish to be installed.

Edit to add: I just noticed that the first three of us to post in this thread are all from WA

The link in his post is the word "this" It should be a different shade of blue than the rest of the text in the post.

Edit to add: I just noticed that the first three of us to post in this thread are all from WA

Actually it is a different color (blue), but at first glance it looks black like the rest of the sentence. I assume you don't get to choose the color when embedding a link in this manner, so perhaps it would be a good idea to CAPITALIZE embedded links.

And I'm also from Washington (Sammamish).

Thanks for all the help. It looks like the solution would be more expensive than the trouble to run another line. I do have a separate antenna line run from my attic to the receiver. I think I'll first try running a line from the dish into the attic antenna and using a diplexer.

Rich.

Thanks for all the help. It looks like the solution would be more expensive than the trouble to run another line. I do have a separate antenna line run from my attic to the receiver. I think I'll first try running a line from the dish into the attic antenna and using a diplexer.

Rich.

That should work.

The stacker/destacker approach is only practical when nothing else will do the job. I would upgrade to a R16, R22 or HD DVR and use SWM rather than use those (and with the SWM dish you would be ready for HD).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)