How to fine tune a motorized dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
I have a 1.2m dish that is on a dg380 motor it seems to be tracking the arc but I can only scan in 95w to 99w as these are the only satellites that have good signal and quality How do I fine tune the other satellites or the dish so I can receive the other satellites ?

With only getting the 3 birds and you do get them, I would say you need to start over on getting it lined up. Something is set wrong, you are dropping off the arc way to quick.

Possible Motor Installation Errors

...but I can only scan in 95w to 99w as these are the only satellites that have good signal and quality How do I fine tune the other satellites or the dish so I can receive the other satellites ?
Picture is worth 1000 words. Which one of following applies for your installation?

Attachments

• Motor Install Errors.jpg
    Motor Install Errors.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 184
I am at 97.4, 41.4 and I have the same setup as you. first check your mounting bracket attached to your pole. mine needed tweaking to make it level. second make sure your south is square. make sure you are at 31 degrees, and zero the dish and then adjusted point it for 97w. then peak the dish for signal with lnb and level adjustment. I have the satav 1.2 and I really like the adjustment with that dish. if you still are having problems, you might have put in the wrong degrees for your position. I get 72w to 125w with no problems, same equipment. charlie

Will the MicroHD do a blind scan if you do not have at least one TP programmed for the sat that you want to blind scan?

I am at 97.4, 41.4 and I have the same setup as you. first check your mounting bracket attached to your pole. mine needed tweaking to make it level. second make sure your south is square. make sure you are at 31 degrees, and zero the dish and then adjusted point it for 97w. then peak the dish for signal with lnb and level adjustment. I have the satav 1.2 and I really like the adjustment with that dish. if you still are having problems, you might have put in the wrong degrees for your position. I get 72w to 125w with no problems, same equipment. charlie

So do I aim the dish at 97w or the dish and motor at 97w my location is 32.750 N 97.488w I set the usals on the receiver to 32.75 N and 97.5W

This is for a USALS install.
Make sure the motor is at the 0 reference mark and properly set to your latitude. Align the dish on the tube so it is also inline with the 0 ref. All should be pointing as close as possible to true south. Adjust the dish elevation as per dishpointer.com. Snug everything up.
Input your lat and long into receiver.
Now drive the motor and dish to 97w. At this point you will probably have to loosen the motor to mast bolts to obtain max Q and you may also have to adjust the dish elevation for max Q. That should do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)