How To fix this

Status
Please reply by conversation.

charlieh88

Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
NWF
Hi I'm new to all this But I've been a reader of this fourm for a while. you guys have helped me get the bug so Here I am. The dish I have is an 8' c/ku 4dtv with a GI 920 box .I've got it up and picking up G1-11 have received the ch3 update so sat list is there. the problem I'm haveing is I cant set the limits the dish position is at 5000 and stays at 5000, even when I move to far east limit which is 4999 on the count, west limit is at 5001 no matter where I move it too they stay the same.
Does anyone know How to fix this The actuatior is a new one all the wires are tight so its mot a loose termination any sugestions will be Helpful I'm at the end brain cells and cant afford to burn up many more. I've still have to hook up my FTA box (pansat2500)and get that ste up and there is another headache to tackle so I guess i'll be pickin your brains for help there too!!
Thanks for the Help
Charlie

When you go into limits in the menu does it allow you to change the numbers or is it stuck or are you saying the dish will move but the limits have no effect on what the dish does?

Hi I'm new to all this But I've been a reader of this fourm for a while. you guys have helped me get the bug so Here I am. The dish I have is an 8' c/ku 4dtv with a GI 920 box .I've got it up and picking up G1-11 have received the ch3 update so sat list is there. the problem I'm haveing is I cant set the limits the dish position is at 5000 and stays at 5000, even when I move to far east limit which is 4999 on the count, west limit is at 5001 no matter where I move it too they stay the same.
Does anyone know How to fix this The actuatior is a new one all the wires are tight so its mot a loose termination any sugestions will be Helpful I'm at the end brain cells and cant afford to burn up many more. I've still have to hook up my FTA box (pansat2500)and get that ste up and there is another headache to tackle so I guess i'll be pickin your brains for help there too!!
Thanks for the Help
Charlie

Reed switch sensor not working???

Sounds to me like you are going someplace, but the count is not changing.

Is that correct???

Hi Guys And Thanks for the fast responce Well no matter where I move the dish to in the arch the numbers stay the same I can move it to far east sat G6 and the numbers still say 4999 east limit dish position 5000 west limit 5001 and when I move to the west its the same.
I thought it might be a bad connection in the terminal block but it's not went through all terminations tight and sealed is there any way to clear limits or reset them without doing a master reset if I have to do a master reset thats ok becouse its still on G1-3 I guess I could try that and see if that clears it up
Does anyone have any Ideas? Reed switch didnt think that was bad its a new actuator Again Thanks for the Help and look forward to the fourm
Charlie

A fellow newbie says welcome Charlie... This place is the "best" for help... great fellers'. I am still waitin' on the rain to subside to pick up my first lil 7.5'er.

Hope you get her fixed soon. :up

Nate

Hi Guys And Thanks for the fast responce Well no matter where I move the dish to in the arch the numbers stay the same I can move it to far east sat G6 and the numbers still say 4999 east limit dish position 5000 west limit 5001 and when I move to the west its the same.
I thought it might be a bad connection in the terminal block but it's not went through all terminations tight and sealed is there any way to clear limits or reset them without doing a master reset if I have to do a master reset thats ok becouse its still on G1-3 I guess I could try that and see if that clears it up
Does anyone have any Ideas? Reed switch didnt think that was bad its a new actuator Again Thanks for the Help and look forward to the fourm
Charlie

I do not want to throw a wet blanket on your party, but I have to believe it is a problem with your reed switch, or your sensor wiring.

One time I wired up a new actuator, and thought all was secure. I got weird count information back through my 922. It would do nothing then surge a few hundred counts, then I would get error messages.

On closer inspection I found that while I had conected the wires correctly from the receiver to the actuator, I had inadvertantly disconnected one of the sensor wires inside of the actutator cover.

I hope you can figure it out.

One thing I cannot figure is how you can move from one end of the arc to the other without an error message. My 4dtv announces an error if it is not getting pulse counts back from the actuator.

Are you sure the sensor wires on the back of the receiver are attached to the Gnd and Pulse positions and not the +5V position? Good luck.

Yep...thats what I did. I connected the Pulse wire to the +5V term on the 922. The actuator did move, but no count.
Check your wiring on the back of the receiver.

Hey I got it FIXED!!! I read the post about sensor and I knew that my terminations were good so I opened it back up and started to move the wires to see it they were loose nope no wires loose But !! reed sensor was not in the block and there for not counting
Thanks Much Guys I got It Natedawg I know about the rain the sun came out here today NW florida we had 10" in 24hrs web feet around the BUD

glad you found the problem and it was an easy fix :)

natedawg63 said:
This place is the "best" for help... great fellers'.

I agree :)

everyone i know here will try to walk you through fixing a problem and try with the basic ( cheapest) and work to the hardest parts. not that a reset is bad but you would rather try several things before getting to a reset. it should also be noted that you should print out the instructions for a reset and write your information on it and keep it with the receiver or the receiver manual... that way if you ever need to reset you have the information and there are a couple of settings you would need to make note of and write it on those instructions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)