How to get a Genie2 HS17

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Are the Genie 2s nationwide yet? If I were to get direct what would I need to do to insure I got one. Claim I need 4k, wireless, or just ask? I currently have a hopper 3 with 16 tuners and I am not going back to 5 and fooling with conflicts 7 should work though.

Are the Genie 2s nationwide yet? If I were to get direct what would I need to do to insure I got one. Claim I need 4k, wireless, or just ask? I currently have a hopper 3 with 16 tuners and I am not going back to 5 and fooling with conflicts 7 should work though.
God I miss those tuners...

Dude you don't want one, I just got couple weeks ago and now I wish I didn't. It would be one thing if they worked like dish network units but they don't, very laggy and the picture quality seems lower than my old HR44. I can't stand waiting 5 seconds in between channel changing

The HS17 (Genie 2) isn't available for new customers yet.

The HS17 (Genie 2) isn't available for new customers yet.

Then why did one of AT&T's own installers specifically say in front of me & a client a couple months ago, they had already put several of these in? (with issues, I might add...)
Or are you trying to say they are ONLY putting them in for existing subs as upgrades?

Then why did one of AT&T's own installers specifically say in front of me & a client a couple months ago, they had already put several of these in? (with issues, I might add...)
Or are you trying to say they are ONLY putting them in for existing subs as upgrades?
Unless on a probably rare occasion it is only for existing customers as upgrades

IF you Choose to you can go to Solid signal and order one -just pay- the $399 lease fee and then any Lease fee's for the number of Mini's you need. - If you really want one that's the way to go - Hurry they are in limited supply.

I’m enjoying my Genie 2 there’s a few disappointments but fir the most part it’s been running great

Exactly. Through Directv it's only available as an upgrade, or exchange at least. I don't know if a new customer can get one from a second source and then activate it. Directv is going to want to do the install. Would a tech install it if they showed at your house expecting to install a different box? I don't know. Perhaps one of the install techs will chime in and let us know.

To add to what Chip was saying, remember, if you already have a Genie (34- 44 or 54) you cannot add another Genie to your account, so adding an HS17 from another source to an existing Genie won't fly either.

IF you Choose to you can go to Solid signal and order one -just pay- the $399 lease fee and then any Lease fee's for the number of Mini's you need. - If you really want one that's the way to go - Hurry they are in limited supply.
It is 299 and has been in limited supply since it came out. Little marketing there

I'd switch with ya if I could. I'm calling Directv Tuesday see if I can switch back to the HR44 that I had. This Genie isn't ready for primetime yet.

I'd switch with ya if I could. I'm calling Directv Tuesday see if I can switch back to the HR44 that I had. This Genie isn't ready for primetime yet.
Let us know what they say ...
If you can get a HR44 or 54 you should be fine.

I hope they are letting people move back if they want.

We'll see..I mean I like the looks of it. Guess I'm not really sure why they gave it to me? I think my HR44 would of ran 3 mini's wouldn't it? All I really wanted was 2 more mini genies to go with the 1 I already had, but they kept pushing the Genie 2.

We'll see..I mean I like the looks of it. Guess I'm not really sure why they gave it to me? I think my HR44 would of ran 3 mini's wouldn't it? All I really wanted was 2 more mini genies to go with the 1 I already had, but they kept pushing the Genie 2.
I think you can have more than 3 clients,, but only 3 can be in use at a time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)