how to get a primestar dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

babcea

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
N.Florida
I dont know if this has ever been mentioned on here,but yahoo mail has a thing called freecycle,there should be one in your area.You can post a wanted,or you can offer things and see if anyone needs the things you are offering,it is all free you cant post things for sale or to buy,I posted I would come get any sat dishes people wanted out of there yard,alot of people just want them out of there yard,I have had some replys,but still waiting for the primestar reply.It is a nice way to find things you are looking for.

I got 2 Primestar's from a local Directv shop. I know others have gotten them off of Craigslist and by looking around as you drive. There is one a few blocks from my house that I always think I am going to see if they want to get rid of it. I am actually toying with getting rid of the one I have - I have acquired way too much satellite gear! :)

I got 2 Primestar's from a local Directv shop. I know others have gotten them off of Craigslist and by looking around as you drive. There is one a few blocks from my house that I always think I am going to see if they want to get rid of it. I am actually toying with getting rid of the one I have - I have acquired way too much satellite gear! :)

Having too much satellite gear is NOT possible:D

I wish I had the room - I would stockpile as much as possible. They way it is now I have shelfs full of gear. I am going to have a "spring cleaning" sale soon :)

Let me see...
I got two Primestar dish (1.2 meter and .75 meter) behind my trailer (for FTA), along with my 8 foot
BUD, (for 4DTV and C Band FTA channels.)
And I have two Primestar dish (both .75 meter) each on stands, and three 84E Primestar dish, all under my carport. And a few Dishnet dish too. And a Directv dish for my legal subscription.
And a 7.5 foot mesh BUD behind my house.
And I still see some Primestar dish here and there I could get...

Superdishes would work just as well if not better since they have a skew on it. I am sure there are a lot of those out there now in certain markets since they are now doing the SuperDish to Dish1000.2 swapouts.

I was driving to my brothers house over the holidays and saw one in a side lot, theres lots out there if you just look.

There are a lot of abandoned primestar and superdishes around here.

Some of the SuperDishes might have the upgrade / conversion kit on them to be made to work with 129 while others might still be up from when people used to have Dish Network. I don't see why many people would have SuperDishes up if they still subscribe if they are getting swapped out to 1000.2 dishes unless they cannot see 129 and ended up just keeping what they have.

I posted on freecycle and craigslist and got nary a reply, except from folks wanting to know what I was doing with them...:)

I found most all my P* dishes by just driving around looking. I know where there's two more right now, 84e's. I don't need them so I haven't gone and gotten them. :)

Oh! I forgot to mention I also have a 5 foot solid aluminum dish in my carport, too.
Plus so many Primestar LNBs and other brands of LNBs. Plus three FTA receivers and five C band receivers. Plus three actuators for C Band, and a V Box I haven't use yet.
Dang, this satellite hobby really got a hold on me!!!
Before long, I will be catching up with Iceberg on his FTA setup...
His setup is awesome!

Gee. I'm just trying to get my 1st one up & running.

1st thing I noticed is this thing is a tad bit large to bolt to the side of the house. Good thing it's light! or I'd just be calling the cable company and say the heck with FTA anything.

But I suppose I could just have someone install a BUD though. :D

I wish I had the room - I would stockpile as much as possible. They way it is now I have shelfs full of gear. I am going to have a "spring cleaning" sale soon :)
I really need to get over to your part of the state sometime Larry! :)

I keep acquiring equipment too. I suppose when the good weather hits, I'd better get some more stuff setup/installed, or start unloading some stuff too... I'm running out of room to hide stuff (not that it's possible to hide the two spare BUDs out back - my wife just pretends not to see them for now)

My son just left for a 2-year mission for our church, so now we have one less person to watch FTA in our house... but then again, there's one more room to store equipment in ;) Too bad I told him I would not turn his room into a den while he was gone :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts