How to get PBS channels on AMC3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

air88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Hi, all:

I find that there are several PBS channels on AMC3 (87.0°W), but I can not get any of them when I used fortec Lifetime ultra doing power scan. Does any people get the PBS channels from AMC3? If yes, please let me know what parameters I should use to enter manually into my fortec Lifetime ultra.

Thanks,

frequencies may be off by 1 or 2 depending on the LNB

the numbers he gave were the PIDS
video
audio
dont know the name for the 3rd one :)

i use my fortec lifetimne star ultra on amc 3 as a slave to my satwork 3688 just to get tha ac3 audio for pbs and it works great. use the power scan capeability once you are locked onto the sat. and scan lower frequencies and higher frequencies seperately. i am currently receiving pbs eas and west, pbs u and pbs kids, i also receive montanna pbs.

sorry forget to mention that you will need some type of home theatre system to decode the signal from the audio feed, for all but montanna pbs. as the fortec will not produce the sound alone.

I use a DMSI Dual and Montana PBS is at 12162 frequency

I cannot get the PBS due to no AC3 receiver :(

Have you tried to scan "ALL" instead of "FTA Only" ?
You should get these PBS TPs very clear in Oregon.

tom_v said:
Have you tried to scan "ALL" instead of "FTA Only" ?
You should get these PBS TPs very clear in Oregon.
I use FTA only, I can try to use ALL tonight.

Thanks

The Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra will work for Video and Audio, but if the channel is broadcasting in AC3 digital audio, then the receiver will need to be hooked to an audio system that can decode it.

air88 said:
Hi, Ice:

The receiver you are talking about is Audio, not sat receiver, aren't you? I thought the Fortec Lifetime Ultra can get at least Video signals, may not get sound. Am I right?

Michael

sorry....none of my receivers output AC3

air88, Do you want to receive PBS HD programming?

Is so, you will need the Integra 912 (about $900.00) or a card to plug into your computer to receive the PBS HD programing. It is a ATSC compliant stream. Seems the most popular card(s) are those by Twinhan. I use the new Twinhan 102G (about $80.00). Using a card will require either software or hardware video decoding.

Software decoding will require a speedy computer.

Hardware decoding can be one of the JVC D-VHS machines or a ATSC tuner card (MyHD MDP-100, MDP-120, or MDP-130). Both will need TSReader to stream the transport stream to one or the other device. A lot of information can be found at the COOLSTF web site.

Sounds like you may need a bigger dish and/or a better LNBF, what signal quality levels do you have from the TP's you are getting?

Make sure your dish/reflector is not over tightened (four bolts) onto the mount as it can sometimes warp the reflector and greatly reduce the signal quality, other than that all you can do it try the skew and move the LNBF closer or further away from the reflector.

air88,
as pete said your fortec will receive both audio and video of pbs but you will need some type of system to decode the audio portion aoly. with my satwork 3688 i receive the video of pbs but no audio. when i slave my fortec through it and power scan i receive both video and audio. the audio is only a feed through, so you need a system to decode it before you can listen. are you picking up any other amc3 transponders? you should get mta (which is islamic, bloomberg radio feed, tip tv, and montanna pbs if you are on the arc, and a daystar affiliate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts