How to get rid of "on demand" icons

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So the arrow, ok that has been there, don't know what peds48 was talking about then.
apparently you are using a browser that does not like Unicode. Those who could read Unicode saw the symbol, others a square or place holder

Glad I am not the only one.
Jimbo said that the + indicates which channels let you watch shows from the beginning and peds48 corrected him by saying the arrow indicates which shows can be watched from the beginning and the + indicates video on demand.

Jimbo said that the + indicates which channels let you watch shows from the beginning and peds48 corrected him by saying the arrow indicates which shows can be watched from the beginning and the + indicates video on demand.

Yes - people are acting like this is new. It's been that way for a long time. And peds used a square, not an arrow. That's all we need - more dumb icons in the guide.

I pretty much avoid OnDemand and rewind feature entirely simply because of the commericals and lack of skip options. I'll gladly wait a day or so for reruns to record normally.

If they ever cripple DVR's for normal viewing I'll cancel and torrent everything.

Oh, yes, that is right, sorry about the bad info.

I pretty much avoid OnDemand and rewind feature entirely simply because of the commericals and lack of skip options. I'll gladly wait a day or so for reruns to record normally.

If they ever cripple DVR's for normal viewing I'll cancel and torrent everything.
I use my SKIP button great for skipping commercials, works great ...

30 SKIP should be the default. If you have Directv, and I go to your house, when I leave, you will notice that 30SKIP is enabled and the unnecessary 30 slip will be gone.

Interesting ... Using Chrome, would think that THAT is pretty up to date though.

peds is probably using an i-phone. Iphone users refuse to accept that their little symbols don't work for others. I have Chrome and the satguys app, and it's a square on both!

Unfortunately that is disabled in most of the on demand I've tried. Which was my point. Hopefully that trend doesn't make its way to the linear show recordings.

Unfortunately that is disabled in most of the on demand I've tried. Which was my point. Hopefully that trend doesn't make its way to the linear show recordings.
The inability for FF when using On Demand is a HUGE reason why I rarely ever do OD.
Also the fact that the episodes are not all there for a series.
What good is OD if your not able to watch a series in sequence ...

The inability for FF when using On Demand is a HUGE reason why I rarely ever do OD.
They don't put all the episodes on there because they want you to buy the season box set on DVD.

Thats interesting that FF showed the arrow correctly but Chrome did not ...

I just checked mine and yup FF showed correctly.

?
Its D*'s On Demand .... they don't own any of the shows, so buying the whole season would not benefit them at all.
The networks don't allow DirecTV to put all the episodes on there because the networks want to make money from DVD sales. Also, DirecTV doesn't want to put all the episodes on there anyway because it costs a lot of money to host all those videos.

The networks don't allow DirecTV to put all the episodes on there because the networks want to make money from DVD sales. Also, DirecTV doesn't want to put all the episodes on there anyway because it costs a lot of money to host all those videos.
So other than movies, theres no value to D*s On Demand.

When I go into the on demand and see a show now that I want to watch I don't watch it, I hit the "record it" selection instead. The show takes a little while to download but you can then skip the commercials. I downloaded 5 shows last night before I went to bed and they were in my list this morning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts