how to get started

Status
Please reply by conversation.

derekbrux

Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
wyoming
hello, i have a few questions for bud systems. first is free to air system on c band and is it legal to use freely. second, i have a dish that is about 7 ft wide, can i use it for this fre to air system. thrid what equipment do i need? sorry about the title i think it missleading, and i don't know how to change it.

Last edited:
Yes it is legal Your dish will work but bigger is always better for C band You will want a free to air unit HD unit is better than SD unit you will get more feeds and you will need a V-box to move your dish or a old c band reciever or a 4DTV unit will also move the dish I use a digital lnbf

thank you sideswiper for this info it will be most useful. oh, also is there an easy way to put the mesh back into the slots on the dish frame or dose it just take a fresh mind and time.

If you are saying that your dish has triangular mesh sections missing, you start out by asking if you have the missing sections. Then you ask if the rest of the dish is in good condition.

If you have that, then maybe you could flatten and straighten out the sections until you could lay them on top of a good section flat. The material the sections and ribs are made out of determines how you weld or reconnect the missing sections.

How big are the holes in the mesh? Size of a pencil or less?

ok, i have all of the mesh triangular sections. i did get it for free and when i went to go get it it look like little kids jumped on the mesh parts, but the frame is in very good condision is is aluminum though and some paint is comming off. there are to spots on one part of mesh that have to holes/rip the size of a quarter otherwise it does not nave holes unless you count where technikaly it has quarter sized rip in it. will it still be ok to use?

Fresh mind and time

a picture is worth a 1000 words
please post a few pictures make it easier for us
sounds like you said......... dose it just take a fresh mind and time.
put those panels on some concrete and roll a pipe over them.
when you go to put them back
take the worse side in first
leaving only enough room for the other side for it to not be touching the frame
then slide it slowly to the center
2 people are best to do it.
good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)