How to instal anl H25 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AdamTex

May 18, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Good Morning,

First time poster here. I am thinking about purchasing an H25 receiver from ebay and installing it myself rather than signing a new 2 year agreement but before I do I have a question.

I currently have an H25 receiver in my home already which communicates with my HD/DVR box, I have the Whole Home DVR plan on my account. My question is, when I turn that new H25 receiver on how will it know to network with my main box? Will they sync automatically or is there some configuring on my end?

Hope this isn't a silly question, I am relatively new to all of this.

Thanks all!

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
Good Morning,

First time poster here. I am thinking about purchasing an H25 receiver from ebay and installing it myself rather than signing a new 2 year agreement but before I do I have a question.

I currently have an H25 receiver in my home already which communicates with my HD/DVR box, I have the Whole Home DVR plan on my account. My question is, when I turn that new H25 receiver on how will it know to network with my main box? Will they sync automatically or is there some configuring on my end?

Hope this isn't a silly question, I am relatively new to all of this.

Thanks all!

It'll sync automatically. It may need a software upgrade but you can either force the download or wait 24 hours for it to do it itself. Also, when buying from eBay make sure to get the RID# and call directv and ask if that RID# is leased or owned. If its leased don't waste your time, if its owned expect to have to pay $20 for a new card once you receive the receiver. Good luck and post any questions you have, it's a good forum for learning and exchanging ideas

texasbrit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 12, 2006
Pretty well all H25 receivers on eBay are leased, many new ones from legitimate dealers and getting one of these will automatically generate a two-year agreement with DirecTV. There are virtually NO "owned" H25s - as Hutch says you can check the RID# with DirecTv before "buying" it, but if you get a previously-leased receiver from someone on eBay DirectV will refuse to activate it, it is their property and the "seller" is supposed to have returned it to DirecTV.

AdamTex

May 18, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Yall are spot on about ebay, I see a lot of people claiming theirs is leased. I am starting to realize I can go with an H21, H23, or H24 as better options. The H24 says it is compatible with Whole Home, but the H21 and H23 says compatible "with an adapter". What exactly does that mean?

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
Yall are spot on about ebay, I see a lot of people claiming theirs is leased. I am starting to realize I can go with an H21, H23, or H24 as better options. The H24 says it is compatible with Whole Home, but the H21 and H23 says compatible "with an adapter". What exactly does that mean?

You'll need a receiver deca. It's a little white (older model) or black adaptor that connects to the coax in and Ethernet port on the back of the receiver. The 24 and 25 models have them built in

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
:welcome to Satelliteguys AdamTex!

Keep in mind that you will get a new two year commitment with a leased box.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Yes Adam,
The Commitment is activated when you activate the box, doesn't matter what box.
As others have mentioned, finding a OWNER H25 will be very difficult as they are very new still and D* LEASES all thier recvrs since '06, finding a true Owned one is slim.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts