Advanced receiver fee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
I'm really bad at checking bills, I just pay them lol... Anyway today I looked at my DTV invoice and noticed they are charging me 6$/ receiver PLUS an additional $25 for "advanced receiver fee" what is this ? Is this because I have 2 DVR's ? I currently have 6 total receivers, 2 H24 and 4 H25's, If I swap one of the H25's for another HR24, will I be charged an additional "advanced receiver fee" ?

I believe the $25 fee is, $10.00 for HD/$12.00 for dvr service/ and $3.00 for whole home service. If you swap 1 receiver for another you will not get another $6.00 receiver fee, it will just stay the same. It is $6.00 per receiver, but the first receiver is free. So if you had 6 total receivers you would be charged $30.00/month for receivers. You only get one $25.00 advanced receiver fee no matter how many receivers you have, so that charge will not change.

I would honestly think you should probably call in if you want to do a SWAP, even if you could do it online. There are certain things that I think work out for you better if you call in, and I honestly don't think you can do an equipment swap online anyways.

The advanced receiver fee would only be waived if you did not have...hd, dvr or whole home. However you might be able to call & get a $10 monthly credit on that fee by doing auto pay. It would be worth a call.

....and you can't "swap receivers". If you want another DVR, you will have to pay for it (whatever you can negotiate). And then send the receiver back, you won't get any credit for it.
Also if you get another DVR, you will have more than eight tuners and that will mean replacing the LNB, four wires to the house, then an SWM16 multiswitch with power inserter. DirecTV will provide this as part of the install.

Question:
directv.com,
my account ---> billing & transactions ---> recent activity

Is anyone else's randomly out of wack? Zero balance (as it's supposed to be) but the recent activity doesn't come close to adding up.

examples..'advanced receiver dvr charge' $ = my total normal bill
Package price is off

Ok sounds good, where is the best place to buy an HR24 that DTV will activate.. whats the procedure, I hook up the new HR24, then send DTV back the H25 ? DO I keep the same card or get a new one? Do I pay the shipping or do they?

You should first call and ask if there are any deals available for you. You might be able to get one at no or little cost. That depends upon several factors, like payment history, length of time as a customer, the amount of monthly costs, etc. If they are sending you a new one, they will likely pay shipping to get the old one back. That's all dependent on the previous factors.

HIGHLY unlikely you will get a deal of any kind. An hd dvr is normally $200 to lease. Good luck, you never know until you ask.

HIGHLY unlikely you will get a deal of any kind. An hd dvr is normally $200 to lease. Good luck, you never know until you ask.

I agree & that price you quoted is the norm even for a new customer getting a 2nd dvr.

Like you said you don't know until you ask.

I've been wrong before & will be again in the future.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)