How to list the On Demand earlier episodes of a series in the timer

judyintexas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
I set up a timer for a weekly program a few episodes after it started. Now if I press DVR and go to the timer I see only the programs that have been recorded since I set up the timer. However, after we watched one episode the timer (briefly) listed the earlier episodes as On Demand and I managed to click the first one and it downloaded and we watched it . Is there a way I can see the On Demand episodes when I first go to the timer? If I go to edit timer I do not see anything that looks like it will give me the result I want.

I set up a timer for a weekly program a few episodes after it started. Now if I press DVR and go to the timer I see only the programs that have been recorded since I set up the timer. However, after we watched one episode the timer (briefly) listed the earlier episodes as On Demand and I managed to click the first one and it downloaded and we watched it . Is there a way I can see the On Demand episodes when I first go to the timer? If I go to edit timer I do not see anything that looks like it will give me the result I want.
Just do a search with the Voice remote or go to the Search Tile in Settings and search for your show

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just do a search with the Voice remote or go to the Search Tile in Settings and search for your show

Thank you! I found it and the TV says it is downloading. We don't use the voice remote, so thank you also for giving me the instructions for the regular one.

Reactions: HipKat
Thank you! I found it and the TV says it is downloading. We don't use the voice remote, so thank you also for giving me the instructions for the regular one.
If you're not using it, hold the diamond button down til the menu pops up and scroll to the bottom. You can set that button to Search. Or any of the options. Same with the Double Diamond

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you know the channel and time when your show comes on, another way to get to the complete list of available episodes is:
Highlight the show in the guide.​
Press the Info button.​
Skip forward to the Episodes tab.​
This will show all recorded episodes, upcoming episodes, on-demand episodes, episodes on Netflix (if you have your search settings enabled to show Netflix listings) and maybe even some episodes that say "Not Available." (The "Not Available" listings tend to be episodes that were recently available on-demand but are no longer available, or that are about to be added to on-demand but are not yet available.)

Reactions: HipKat
Also, sometimes the timer set AFTER the first episode premiere is (mistakenly?) set by the system as ONLY NEW, which used to default to NEW and Repeat--or something like that. Anyway, another, sometimes BETTER, solution is to go to the timer and change it to NEW and REPEATS or somthing like that because the channels will often repeat one or more previous episodes later in the week (sometimes aired back to back) on other days and at times of early in the day or overnight before the next NEW episode or before too many NEW episodes, and this can be better because you can skip the commericals recorded from air dates recorded on your DVR while many of the On Demand episodes force you to sit through commercials, somtimes nearly as many commercials as when it airs.

For me, because far too many ON Demand episodes have way too many commercials, when I find a new show/episodes where I have missed one or more of the previous new episodes, I prefer to be certain the timer is set to New and Repeats, and will wait, usually not too many days or longer--even weeks later when all episodes played back to back, until my DVR catches the first episodes I missed while also recording the new premiere episode, and then I start watching the recordings from Episode 1 on ward, allowing me to skip all commericals. For me, that is a far more enjoyable viewing experience because I do not have to sit through commercials as I do with far too many On Demand episodes.

Also, some shows don't have to be viewed according to air date or episode number as each episode is completely independant of any previous or future episode such as educational or science shows, but if it is fictional seires, then story arcs often play out over multiple episodes, and then watching in order is a must.

-Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)