How to program W5 into DSR 905

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Can some one run me through how to program W5 into my DSR 905.
I've completed my dish install (7.5 ft Winegard) and am ALMOST certain it's on W5. While I can't find how to do a 905, there are all kinds of help topics if you own a DSR 910 or 920. I tried them, but the 905's menu system is different.

Did you get the latest channel maps from G1-3? If not go to G1-3 and get a hit from your programmer. Then let it sit for 20 minutes and you should be good to go and be able to program in W5. Options 6,4,4 enter.

Ok, you need more info....
I do not have a subscription at this point. This is a fixed dish on 105w, similar to the system you are currently installing in the stickys.
I guess I should also ask if this is possible with the 905.

The LNB is set to LNBF ( voltage switched ) It's what I have.
The signal strength is bouncing between 12 and 110.
Th Quality is fixed at 99.
The cable is new, no switches inline.
The Dish shaped icon is red.
The Coolsat 6000 will not scan anything in, and the signal is in the area of 22-25.
I moved the dish to 103 and got programming, so I assume at least the dish, lnbf and cable are ok.
At this point,I have NOT peaked the skew.

Do you show a satellite icon for W5 in the 905? How old are the maps? The 905 is like a 922 or 920 you need the channel maps from G1- 3 to use it there. The 410 will get the channel maps off W5 not the 4DTV's. Use your other dish as I see in your signature to get the latest channel maps for the 905. Then program in W5 and put the receiver on your W5 dish. You can take authorization hits on W5 440. Call a programmer and get some programming. That's the easiest way I can suggest.

Thanks for your help.
This isn't going to happen.
I can't get G1 due to trees. 107 is as far west as I go with no leaves.
So I guess I 'll have to get a 410.
Anyone like a 905??

uh oh...problem there

you need to get the channel maps via a premium movie service. I dont think you can get the channel maps via W5 for a 4DTV

I got my channel maps from G5 the Starz mux. Once the receiver locks on a premium movie mux let it sit for 10 minutes and it loads the maps in. But I think the issue is the fact the dish is on W5 only

Thanks for your help.
This isn't going to happen.
I can't get G1 due to trees. 107 is as far west as I go with no leaves.
So I guess I 'll have to get a 410.

nobody you know that has C-band and can see that far over?

i don't know if this is an option but seems like it would be cheaper than buying a 410
if you can send it to someone and get it mapped and have them send it back
don't know the weight of the 905 or what it would cost shipping. like i said it was just a thought.

yes once its mapped its permanent barring either a dead battery or a master reset ;)

The only way the channels update is if you have them remapped

With all the channel changes going on with HITS W5 lately due to them making room fro HD, I would not want to be without access to G1. The maps were just updated on the 410 last week and the 4d's about a month ago. If you can't get to G1 and exclusively want the W5 channels a 410 would be the best option. I heard that you can get one off e-bay for dirt and have Skyvision authorize it for $40.00. May be worth it, or sell the 905 and use those funds for the 410 from Skyvision. Actually $129.00 from Skyvision for a 410 with a new remote & all the cables etc is a good deal.

true...the 410 can remap properly off W5 whereas the others need a premium movie mux like G0, G1, G5

A funny thing happened when Motorola was cleaning up the database last year for the 4D. I would go to G1 and get one set of maps then go to w5 and get another set of maps which was the old ones. This went on for about a month then it was fixed. That means if Motorola really wanted to they could load the maps on W5 for the 4D's but don't.

I have a 410, in good condition with intact Unit ID. Wanna trade? I don't have the remote but I think your 905 remote will work (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

PM me if interested.

the Motorola remotes all are interchangable. I have used my Starchoice remote on
SC505
SC205
Voom receiver
DSR905 4DTV
DSR410 W5 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts