How to repair fascia after dish removal

If you get a nail in an overall decent tire. Do you plug it or replace the tire? Seems like a no brainer to me, but we're all different. :)

Pull out the lag bolts removing the dish and mount, put some asphalt sealer in the hole then put the bolts back in the holes maybe with a washer on the end to keep the bolt head from cutting the fascia.

Clean up any visible tar residue and on a second floor roof it will be nearly invisible.

I have been installing Windows and doors plus siding for 30 some years the caulk is no where as good as it was thanks to the EPA . ( you can still buy lead base face paint for Halloween from China for the kids ) acrylic with silicone is fine for the indoors its water clean up,out side use the good stuff .
Marine caulk is the bomb

Get quad caulk made by osi at Lowes for about six dollars. Fill the holes smooth it with your finger a little wider than the original holes and you are done .
My Lowe's had that on sale or was getting rid of it, probably going to a 9.1 oz tube instead of 10 and it was 75% off!! I bought three cases! 1.06/tube! Goes up great and cleans up with a little mineral spirits.

I am having real difficult time trying to find someone to do the job in Cary, NC!!!

If you can't find anyone in your area to replace that section of fascia, give me a shout. I'll load up my brake & ladders and drive to Cary. Will take down the old dish and replace the damaged section of Fascia for a flat $1500.

That's the best bargain around and the satellite guys special price. ;)

If you can't find anyone in your area to replace that section of fascia, give me a shout. I'll load up my brake & ladders and drive to Cary. Will take down the old dish and replace the damaged section of Fascia for a flat $1500.

Does that include a guarantee of color match? :hatsoff

Reactions: stardust3

That's a Rip off,
I'll do all your Soffit and Fascia for $1500.

That's a Rip off,
I'll do all your Soffit and Fascia for $1500.

A rip off is taking someones money and not doing the work. Doing a quality job and completing it upon an agreed price is business.

I would be willing to do this for him, I know I can get the color close if not exact. The price is what it is. Then again he may decide a $6 tube of caulk doesn't sound so bad after all. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: navychop
A rip off is taking someones money and not doing the work. Doing a quality job and completing it upon an agreed price is business.

I would be willing to do this for him, I know I can get the color close if not exact. The price is what it is. Then again he may decide a $6 tube of caulk doesn't sound so bad after all. :)
Well considering I can buy 300 Feet of soffit and Pre-bent fascia for around $500, and pay my guy $200 for the day and Finish it in a day. I certainly could make due with $800 profit of my own.

Not to mention adding the old aluminum to my scrap metal pile.

2 foot overhang, Yeah would raise the price, But just by looking at his picture looks like 12 inch, most likely less with the J or F channel that was used.
And I highly doubt I would even need to bend any metal.
Clearly it's 6 inch Pre-bent.
And it a newer house.

But Hey I only do over a 100 Vinyl ,Soffit and Fascia jobs a year.
So what would I know.

That would be $125 repair including the Material as long as you are within 15 miles.

As I said Lowes sells smooth Pre bent 6 inch Fascia for Less than $14 which is $5 above my cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: sethwell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)