How to scan channel from 22k switch with 06 sattelites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

powersim

Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Hi friends,

Bear with me as this is my first post here and my familiarity is mainly limited to my reciver only. I am moved to a new building haviong 100 apartments provided with a central dish connection.
As i got, there are 06 sattelites ASIASAT, PAS7/10, INSAT2E, HOTBIRD, NILESAT, ARABSAT 2A/3A.

I manually scanned the channels and got it as below:

Hotbird: DIseq A
Arabsat2A/3A: Diseq B
PAS 7/10: Diseq C
Nilesat: Diseq D

These channels are working with 22K ON/OFF in any condition.
I am not able to scan Asiasat 3S and Insat 2E channels.

I checked with one of my neighbour and he is watching ASIASAT channels as Below:

Asiasat 3S: Diseq C, 22K On
PAS 7/10: Diseq C, 22K Off

I tired the same but could not succeed. Even i cleared reciever data, power reset, connection reset, re-program, but still not working.
Your kind help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi friends,

Bear with me as this is my first post here and my familiarity is mainly limited to my reciver only. I am moved to a new building haviong 100 apartments provided with a central dish connection.
As i got, there are 06 sattelites ASIASAT, PAS7/10, INSAT2E, HOTBIRD, NILESAT, ARABSAT 2A/3A.

I manually scanned the channels and got it as below:

Hotbird: DIseq A
Arabsat2A/3A: Diseq B
PAS 7/10: Diseq C
Nilesat: Diseq D

These channels are working with 22K ON/OFF in any condition.
I am not able to scan Asiasat 3S and Insat 2E channels.

I checked with one of my neighbour and he is watching ASIASAT channels as Below:

Asiasat 3S: Diseq C, 22K On
PAS 7/10: Diseq C, 22K Off

I tired the same but could not succeed. Even i cleared reciever data, power reset, connection reset, re-program, but still not working.
Your kind help will be appreciated.
Thanks

My guess is the the 22K ON/OFF should not have an effect on the satellite selection. In Europe, the majority of LNBFs are Universal type, which uses the 22KHz for switching between the hi and lo bands of the LNBF .... unless your apartment is using bandstacking technology.

Does your neighbor's system receive all 6 satellites? What LNBF type is selected on your neighbor's receiver? What LNB LO Frequencies are selected? What DiSEqC type are you using? 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3? How about the neighbor's receiver DiSEqC switch setting?

Are all lines run from the same dishes and switches? Does your receiver work in the neighbors apartment or their receiver in your apartment with the identical settings?

Thanks Brian for your replay.
I dont have any information about hardware used on the roof. I checked the channels of only two sattelites (Asiasat and PAS 7/10) with my neighbour, working fine with his reciever in his home.
Actually, the service technican made some changes in wiring at roof. Even with my reciever all was working fine before. Some connection are changed at roof.
With old configuration Asiasat and PAS was working with Diseq port A selected, now it is on Diseq port C, but I am able to Scan only four sattelite. Other two sattelites are shown.
Settings of my neigbour's reciver show that there is no change except both sattelites are moved from Diseq A to Diseq C.
T

Looking at your first post, it looks like you have PAS 7/10 on Diseqc port C. While your neighbor also has PAS 7/10 on Diseqc port C, only his is also with 22 KHz Off. So, to me it looks like you need to duplicate this and my guess is you already have PAS 7/10 on port C with 22 KHz Off. Now you need to check Asiasat in your Menu's and make sure it is set for Diseqc port C with 22 KHz On. And I would either go back to your neighbor and find out which port Insat 2E is on or go into your menu's and start changing the port for Insat 2E until you find the right one. And, my guess is it will be either port A or port B or port D, and the 22 KHz will probably be On. But, try it both ways, until you find it. Good Luck!

Al

Thanks to all of you for your comments. My Reciever is Databox DB-5588. I tried to scan PAS 7/10 with 22K On and Off but its not working. i see change in the magnutide of signal, whin i select port C for PAS 7/10 but strength of the sognal is not enough to scan channel.

Is the PAS7/10 LNB LNB type and LO frequency set the same as your neighbor's?

The installer could have your system connected to the satellite dishes differently than your neighbor's or one of the switch port(s) is defective.

Without knowing what switches, LNBF types and port connections, it would be speculative for us to comment on how you could set the menus.

Good morning all,
Last evening, i called the installer to correct the problem.
He made settings as below: (Same as my neighbour)
Asiasat 3S: LNB Type 5156, LNB Power 13/18V, Diseq C, 22K Off
PAS 7/10: LNB Type 5156, LNB Power 13/18V, Diseq C, 22K On

Result was same PAS 7/10 channels were working, whereas no channel scanned on ASIASAT 3S. PAS 7/10 was working on any setting of 22K Switch ON/OFF/AUTO on Diseq C.
Installer revealed as below:
their is some problem with 22K function of reciever. If function works ok PAS 7/10 shall work only with 22K ON. since it is working on any position it means that there is some problem with reciever.
He says change the reciever and it will work fine.
Is there any other way to ensure that the problem is with reciever. (I dont have any other reciever with me, till i buy a new one)?
is there any other possibility by changing some settings?

Thanks for your help.

You might try taking your receiver to your neighbors and try it with his wiring, and/or take his receiver to your place and check to see if it works with your wiring? Doing that could narrow it down some?

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts