how to switch it up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Northern Ontario, Canada
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to introduce a diseqC switch (or any switching device) to run my c-band and Ku signal to a single Traxis receiver but still be able to move my c-band dish with my v-box. I also have a Motorola DSR410 for W5 Hits programming too that comes in on the c-band cable. That might throw a loop into any possibility, but one step at a time.
basically, right now I am manually moving the coax from the DSR410 ird over to the Traxis when I want to watch c-band FTA.

I have 2 runs of coax into the house, 1 from the c-band and one from the Ku. The conduit is all full already so don't really want to have to try to run a new cable...

...any thoughts? pic attached of the way it is now.

Attachments

• Jamie's_dishes.JPG
    Jamie's_dishes.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I was told that I might be able to do this using a 22Khz switch. Set up the C-band sats on the Traxis to send a 22Khz tone down the wire, and no tone on the KU sats. This sounds pretty simple and it sounds like it just might work. Does this sound like a possibility?

I'll try to add the switch into the drawing to explain the way I think it would go...

I assume the KU is motorized?

I dont remember if that would work with 2 motorized setups on one system because the system tries to move both setups...I have 2 motorized setups and they are separate except for the azbox. Both systems have a line to the azbox as a slave

With only one line from C-Band you'd have to do some loop out or maybe a splitter with one side power pass only

KU is motorized. But would the system try to move the KU side when I'm telling it to go to a c-band satellite that is programmed to send 22Khz tone?
..that would be...select a c-band satellite, it sends tone to the 22Khz switch which sends the command only to the c-band and NOT the KU.

jaray,

if your trying to switch a usals ku motor and a vbox type positioner the only real setup that works is an ecoda 22khz switch. if you have a "dg" series motor you may be able to use a diseqc switch before the motor but any other motor will not work in such a configuration. the ku motor will also move when diseqc 1.2 positions are requested unless you number them over the default stored positions. most ku hh motors come with 30 or more pre stored positions. if you store your cband positions at say 99 and down you should be able to accomplish what your trying to.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)