How to Test a Used HN7700S

storeliquidation

Original poster
May 29, 2008
I bought a HN7700S router through a liquidation sale without an antenna. I was wondering if there is anyway to test the router without having to purchase an antenna or service. I was thinking that the lights on the router may indicate if it is operational. I am afraid that if I purchase an antenna and sign-up for service, the router may not be functional. I do not want to dump a lot of money into just trying satellite internet to compare it to my current internet via the cable company. Thanks in advance.

i have no experience with that modem/router, but unless it has a ethernet IN port, it would be useless with your cable internet.

That said, if you get internet via your local company, FORGET SATELLITE. Satellite internet is painful when compared to cable. It just can't compete.

unfortunately you will need to have it pointed at something to verify proper operation of the modem. just because it powers up and you can access to system control center doesnt mean it works properly. could have rx6 or tx3 issues which couldnt be found until its pointed at a satellite and parameters are entered into the modem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)