Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Trying to get the free radio channels on 119, using DishPro LNBF. I'm using a LO of 11250 and get only the odd transponders. I understand the evens are stacked in a higher band, what number do I need to add to the "standard" frequencies to see them?

I thought there might be a chart here somewhere of transponder numbers and the corresponding legacy and dishpro frequencies but I couldn't find it if there is.

Yeah, I saw the same behavior the first time I tried it with the SuperDish FSS LNBF. I figure if I changed 11250 to "something" a bit higher then the evens would work (and the odds would disappear), just a matter of figuring out what "something" is. If that works, then the difference between "something" and 11250 is what I add to the frequency values for each even transponder and they should hopefully work.

(Edit: This is apparently wrong) I also surmise from reading elsewhere around here (but don't know for sure) that the even transponders are actually stacked in reverse order, so what would show up at "TP2+something" is 32, "TP4+something" is 30 and so on.

(Edit: which means this is wrong too) If true, that little bit of knowledge comes in handy to know that you can test for adequate cabling by checking 1 and 2, which will be the lowest and highest frequencies in a DishPro system (it's a good bet that if the cable will handle those it will handle what's in between).

I'm sure I'll figure this out and post the chart I was asking for, just wanted to save a bit of work if somebody else had already done it.

Since you have stacked LNBFs you change polarity by changing the LNB's LO frequency:

DBS band: 11250 and 14350
FSS band: 10750 and 13850

You can designate separate sats for each LO or subtract 3100 for the transponder frequency on the higher LO and have them all on the same "sat" setup.

You can also use the DP34 since it is actually a DiSeqC switch. Ports 1-3 are DiSEqC inputs 1-3.

so let me see if I understand this....
you have 12559 L 20000, which is an even transponder

in a normal world, its
11250-LO
12259 freq
H polarity
20000 sr

but with DishPro its
14350 LO
15659 Frequency
H polarity
20000 sr

and if I can do the math right, how I got this was taking 12259 and subtracting 11250, giving me 1309 and then I add that to the new LO :)

Iceberg said:
so let me see if I understand this....
you have 12559 L 20000, which is an even transponder

in a normal world, its
11250-LO
12259 freq
H polarity
20000 sr

but with DishPro its
14350 LO
15659 Frequency
H polarity
20000 sr

and if I can do the math right, how I got this was taking 12259 and subtracting 11250, giving me 1309 and then I add that to the new LO :)

No, you either change the transponder frequency OR the LO.

11250-LO
12259 freq

becomes

14350 LO
12259 freq

OR

11250 LO
11259 freq

becomes

11250 LO
8159 freq

(It has been a little while since I did this, but I think I have it right!)

What this all means is that if you have Dish Network with a Superdish and a DP34, you can hook an FTA receiver to one of the ports on the DP34 and receive the music channels that are FTA. It works quite nice in my
RV with an old (1996 era) FTA receiver and routed through the "Home Theater System."

Chuck

Oh boy, I got's me some 'sperimenting to do tonight! :D

Currently I have just got the extra output on my 119 LNBF attached to port 2 of my standard 4x1 diseqc switch (port 1 is the movable primestar dish).

It sounds like the "something" I'm looking for is 3100. So I either increase the L.O. by 3100 and reduce each odd transponder by 3100, OR leave the L.O. alone and increase the evens by 3100.

I am definitely learning why blind scan is a Good Thing.

Pepper said:
Oh boy, I got's me some 'sperimenting to do tonight! :D

Currently I have just got the extra output on my 119 LNBF attached to port 2 of my standard 4x1 diseqc switch (port 1 is the movable primestar dish).

It sounds like the "something" I'm looking for is 3100. So I either increase the L.O. by 3100 and reduce each odd transponder by 3100, OR leave the L.O. alone and increase the evens by 3100.

I am definitely learning why blind scan is a Good Thing.

I think you have it a bit twisted around.

Increase the LO by 3100 and leave frequency alone

or

Leave LO alone and decrease frequency by 3100.

I am not sure but if you connect the DP34 through the port 2 on your DiSeqC switch, you might run into problems with the switching.

Chuck

If you look at SharpC's ChannelMaster tool you'll see the option for converting the transponders to DishPro.

BTW... this is has been the best program I've found for managing my channel lists on my Fortec. Makes things real easy, I no longer use the remote for renaming channels, deleting TP's & channels, etc. I hooked up the Fortec Ultra to the HTPC permanently.

This ended up being easier than I expected. My receiver (Microyal MRX-1000) has two values for LO per antenna, so I set one at 11250 and the other at 14350. I'm not sure how it decides which of the two to use, but it found all active odd and even transponders, in the correct order. So I guess my earlier comment about the upper band being reversed was in error.

Yeah, except I think those E* transponders are transmitting some kind of anti-FTA signal (imagine that!), the box locked up on me a couple times whilst I was trying to delete all the encrypted channels it found, the last time my entire channel list disappeared. So I turned off the option to include scrambled channels and rescanned everything and now it's fine.

The problem with the Microyal (and my KUSat) is it wants to show a picture in the corner while you’re deleting channels. Mine seems to lock up on scrambled signals too. IT takes longer but once you get going, its OK : )

Guys you are making this way too hard on yourselves. What you do is take your horizonal transponder, subtract it from 25600, and change it to vertical. This is the exact way its done in Channel Master. So for example -

12282 H (Standard Freq)

25600 - 12282 = 13318 V (Dish Pro Freq)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)