How to use the existing cable line?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bash2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
PA
I was wondering how do i go about using the existing line that runs into the house at cable box? Currently its fed into 3 rooms with splitter into the house how do i go about using diplexers so I can share cable company line with satellite? The splitter is setup outside at cable box.

Thanks
Bash

If your cable company is running digital services or you have cable broadband service do not use diplexers.

If you must use diplexers do not pass the satellite signal through the splitter. Place the diplexers between the splitter and the TV.

I am not a big fan of diplexers to start with and do not recommend using them with any FTA system. A pair of diplexers can introduce approximately 3dB attenuation.

Unfortunately the person iIam installing Fta for does not want extra holes in the wall. So your saying it should be Splitter->Diplexer> Diplexer>TV is that correct order?

Yes the cable company is running digital service and cable broadband.

Correct on the wiring. Don't be surprised if there are conflicts diplexing the FTA with the digital cable signals. I would make every effort to talk the customer out of diplexing the FTA signals.

I won't even try to use diplexers with cable TV. Most of the providers are going digital. If you use a diplexer with an analog system - sure as shootn they will change it to digital next week! I will use diplexers with an OTA antenna if the FTA signal the user wants to watch is good and strong.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)