How worried are you??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

How Worried are you about the Future of E*

• Very!

Votes: 43 10.3%
  • Somewhat!

Votes: 100 23.9%
  • Very Little!

Votes: 112 26.8%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 163 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's to worry about? I'm not in any contract so when the time comes I'll switch to Direct as these folks are constantly calling me about their special deals. Besides, I'm still a little angry about the removal of the VOOM channels which makes the eventual decision to switch a lot easier.
Remember that I and a lot of others said that the removal of VOOM relegated Dish to "ordinary" status regardless of the constant rants of those VOOM haters.

The chickens may be coming home to roost.

you forgot about the At&t deal, if it falls through they will see some sub loss. the bundle from AT&t will go to Directv (in non-uverse areas). I bundle through AT&t and will move in a heartbeat when contract is up with this downward trend. The DVR is the only thing keeping me with Dish if bundling goes away. Direct makes any strides in that area and bundles with AT&t ....I will consider a move. I believe that Dish is still holding on to thier high value/high spending customer and they will be okay. They just need to really think when they make some of the moves they have lately. The tend to have no real regard for the customer. We have more HD and the best DVR in the group, but customer service, bad PR is keeping them from taking the next step.

you know there will always be nay sayers, like those that said the world is flat..I turn on more accounts than I get calls to cancel...as I have said before all companies have problems, you have to go with the one you want...don't like dish, than switch..and live with your choice...

If things go south for E* than leave and go to D*. Or stay and weather the storm. It's all what you as a customer whant. It's actually easy for me. I will leave if things stay the way they are and D* get better. Just look at D* and what's happened this year for the company, and I'm happy for them. They have been very agressive in advertising, signing deals like MLB, and there HD channel line up is off the hook and that's just one year. E* is way behind in my eyes and is not even close to catching D* ever. I've stayed because I'm loyal, since 1995, and they have been able to keep up till now. And you can blame all of this on Charlie. He know best for you and what you watch. My turning point was the MLB EI. Oh well it is what it is.

I am worried. Everything you said, plus the news earlier about HDnet and HDnet Movies. What I am worried about, is that if D* ever starts producing equipment that is up to par with E*, then most of us will be switching. E*'s equipment is really all that is holding me to E*. D* has my locals in HD, they have most of the channels i want in HD. But E*'s damn dvr's are holding me back from switching and to be honest, it ticks me off! LOL!!

I'm in a similar situation. I'm not too worried the company will fold up in the near future. The hardware is what really keeps me with E* right now. If the new DirecTivo's can match the 622/722 (Multi-room viewing in particular) I'll really consider going back to D*

I see some not at all? Why? If its because you have D* please don't Vote! Thank you!

OK I'll explain.

I'm not concerned because it is JUST TV. I like the service, I like the equipment, although I do somewhat resent that I had to get digital TWC so I could get my locals in HD.

It's not like my electric company, or heating gas company was failing. Then I would be concerned. If Dish goes away there are other options.

I said "very little" I agree with what a lot have said. If it goes I'll go with the next provider. If there are no providers then I'll download everything and watch it that way.

The reason I'm with E* now is by default. I HATE D* from past years plus the lack of hardware to suit my needs (i've tried switching back a few times but every time it ends up I need too many receivers meaning too much up front cost) and comcast is not allowed in my house (my by rule).

I'm not worried about programming because while I would be p-oed by them turning off HD Net or another channel in reality I'll find something else to watch. There is no channel that they could take that would make me go "well that does it" I have my locals via OTA and they'd have a mass riot if they ever dumped ESPN (which would mean Disney is also safe) so I have no worries.

I'm not worried. I'm not under a contract and I have the best priced package until February 2009. If Dish collapses, I was waiting for an excuse to watch less tv anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing if the TR-50 materializes for OTA recording but my PC could do that too.

With what I have spent on Dish, I could buy a nice BD player and build a nice library of hidef discs to go with my dvd collection. With so many series now on disk, I almost don't need a tv service.

I would like a way to watch college football and NFL but if OTA is all I have, I can be happy with that.

I'm encouraged that they have Ceil2 scheduled for a Nov launch. They need to successfully replace E5 before they become a viable option for me again.

During the long time I was with Dish I always had edge of worry about what they were doing as a company. Heck, lets face it, SatelliteGuys wouldn't be what it is today if Charlie ever got his act together. :D

I didn't vote because I'm with Directv, but I was considering switching over to Dish.

I think I might stay with Directv for awhile and see how things shake out for Dish. I'm sure other possible subs will do the same. The Tivo announcement for Directv does make a difference- it has a cult following despite what some people think.

I've got 18 months to go on my commitment, and I'm not at all concerned. I go home at night and most of the channels I watch are offered in HD, although not all of the content is HD. But I believe both sat companies and the content providers are working diligently to upgrade their equipment and service, and the competition between E* and D* will serve to improve the service that customers of both co.'s receive. My service and channel offerings are better than they were a year ago, and I believe that this time next year, they will be better yet. (Unfortunately :)) I'm old enough to remember the transition from B/W to color TV, and that was not achieved overnight... it took many years. (There were those who thought it would never catch on! :eek:) Too many folks are looking at this point in time, and condemning E* for where they are... I say patience, Grasshopper, this is a long process, and at the end of the tunnel both E* and D* customers will have comparable (and better) service. Fact is, it takes a tremendous amount of infrastructure improvements to pull it off. Every single Sat provider, cable provider, network broadcaster, and every single production co. providing programming has to upgrade virtually every piece of equipment they have. The cost is staggering, and can't be accomplished overnight.
As for the lawsuits, based on the amount of discussion on these forums, it seems like a big deal, but if you delve into any American corporation, you'lll find a legal dep't awash in suits and filings... it's part of the cost of doing business in a litigious society. :mad:
Relax and enjoy a tall, cold, frosty one... it's only TV! :cool:

Not worried...E* is still making money each quarter and still has more than 13M customers. Of course, I am with FiOS TV and I see E* taking its fair share of lumps in the coming months thanks everything D* is doing right, everything they are doing wrong, and increased competition on the Cable/Telco front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts