• Somewhat!

Votes: 100 23.9%
  • Very Little!

Votes: 112 26.8%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 163 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see some not at all? Why? If its because you have D* please don't Vote! Thank you!

I have Dish and have had them for 11 + years. Back before they had 1 million.
You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I'm not concerned because it is JUST TV. I like the service, I like the equipment.......

Last edited:
If there was truly any reason to be worried about the long-term fiscal stability of Dish, it would be reflected in their stock price. While the stock is down, so are big chunks of the market.

If you've never worked for a large company, the stuff Dish is facing might seem daunting, but trust me, big companies are up against stuff like this all the time.

The market is fickle and the PR tide could easily turn back to Dish with a few right moves on their part and a stumble or two by D*. VOLZJR summed it up well, this is no big deal for a big company...

I voted little worried. I'm not in a contract and could switch at any time but have purchased all of my equipment. I would hate to loose what I invested but it's trivial in the end. I am more worried about loosing the channels that I watch the most as this seems to be a regular occurance with Dish. At the end of the day it's just TV and I don't loose sleep over it.

I'm a happy e* subscriber, and I'm not worried at all... Should the company be worried? Maybe, but why would I care, if they fold or start not providing me with the content I care about I'll just find a new provider. I have choices, and have decided that e* is best for me at the present time. If at some point in the future they aren't, then I won't be with them anymore. I certainly am not going to lose sleep over how my satellite provider is doing.

My thoughts exactly.

I voted very worried, but not from a personal standpoint.

More from a standpoint if I was an investor, or owned the business. Then I would be petrified. It looks like a sinking ship, that is for sure. Someone will probably come along and buy it out.

But it is only TV, so who cares. There are ample choices to receive TV, and other forms of entertainment from the likes of Netflix, satellite radio, etc...

So I am not evenly remotely worried that I will no longer have TV.

I use the Dish NOW!/YA! setup so I can completely control the costs of my tv service, which is nice.

And since I am not even considered a customer by them, I could sign up for the HD Only deal since I would be considered a new customer which is nice flexibility.

If DirecTV offered a PREPAY service, I would definitely switch to them.

Which they do in Puerto Rico ONLY, unfortunately. They offer a prepay service there, plus the ability to prepay for the sports packages as well(MLB, NFL, NHL, Boxing, College Football, etc...) which is really nice.

If they ever offered it in the states, and it had the same capabilities as the service that Dish NOW!/YA! offers, I would be gone.

But it doesn't look like it for now, or in the near future

Why should I worry, I am not a stock holder. I am just a happy customer and plenty satisfied with E and the channels that I get. If I get unhappy (which I don't see happening), I will just change vendors like you should, if you are ubhappy. Good Bye amd Good ridence!

Maybe someone can explain why Yankee games are blacked out on E*?
Since they are part of my locals teams on cable and Directv. What did charlie do to the Yankees?

Not at all, I hate contracts and do not have one w/E*. In fact, after 3 weeks I considered canceling my service until I moved the dish from the eave where the installer did a pi33 poor job on the original install to a pole next to my house, tweaking the signal makes all the difference in the world. If I have to go to D* no biggie and I will buy my own DVR....
Btw D* has my local DMA in HD too, E* does not. I dont need much more of a push but for now I am content.

Not worried at all, no contract - own the receiver and the HD absolute package is a gift right now.

alfred_e_neuman_0011.jpg

I'm very worried about heating my home this winter. Not at all worried about Dish Net. I don't really think they are in trouble, but in the worst case scenario, I'll just upgrade my Netflix subscription.

I voted very little. They have capacity coming online now. Have you gone through the guide lately, HD is there. Only worries Dish really has now is a bad launch of Ceil-2. Some point to the TiVo lawsuit as a problem, I do not think it will be a problem for consumers, it could end up costing Dish some serious cash, but one way or another they will not let the DVR go away.

If you look at the other thread how many channels Dish is not carrying in HD, the list is fairly small. When you consider they promise around 40 more channels in HD, they will pretty much have to carry every channel on the list.

I am disappointed by the failure to get the locals up in HD. I think it is more of a problem with overworked engineers and fiber issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)