Howdy from Team Summit

Yup take a look at the HR20, over a year late to the market and still not working great for many.

IIRC, the 921 was a bit late making out of the gate and from looking at some posts it and the 622 also have their share of unhappy users.

Last edited:
> I mean really, all they do is duplicate the same lineup you can find on cable anyway.

:haha

You obviously have better cable options than I do. Local cable monopoly here couldnt find their @$$ with both hands...let alone offer decent programming.

> Their signal integrity guys aren't going to release any info like this...

That's a no then.

Actually, DN probably needs to go off the air. Let's see, no Howard TV and no 6100 or 6101 Sirius channel. Who cares about baseball, getting Howard is more important. Come on, let's do something right for a change.

I mean really, all they do is duplicate the same lineup you can find on cable anyway.

And raise the rates for everyone else for Howard? Get a Sirius radio or listen online.

And raise the rates for everyone else for Howard? Get a Sirius radio or listen online.

I'd pay extra for Howard TV, my wife keeps asking why we can't get it. Either Dish needs to figure a way to offer it or HowardTV needs to stream online, because I must stop that broken record.

Well the Huey Lewis and the News concert was great.

I am now typing to you directly from the show floor, and the expo is open.

I have seen a few interesting thing things. Including an external hard drive for the Dish ViP 211 which turns it into a full Dish DVR.

Plus I have also seen a 622 which has special software which can block out "bad words" on TV and it replaces them with nicer words. This is from TV Guardian.

Lots of other stuff as well, I will be here tommorow taking all kind of photos for your enjoyment (and hope you learn something as well. :)

Stay Tuned!

just a post to see if I can get to page 6. For some reason I call only get to page 5. We will see if this works.

The bad words may be ok. However I just want the external hard drive software for both of my 622. I hope that they do that before this other stuff.

I just got it from the show floor, lots of stuff to take pictures of tommorow.

General Assembly starts at 9am. Then at 11am the Tech Expo opens up and I will be able to bring a camera to the Tech Expo Floor. So there will be lots of pictures here tommorow after.

I also go to chat for a moment with Charlie and Jim. Both of them were getting flooded with people wanting to talk with them and shake their hand. And they were happy to do it. :)

I talked with the folks from HBO and asked them in CInemax HD was coming on Friday. They asked me how I knew that. :) I was told that they hope so (wink wink, nudge nudge) And then went on to say that they produced a nice video for Cinemax HD which we could see tommorow at the General Assembly. :D

I also saw some footage from The Weather Channel HD. This looks like it could be VERY interesting television. :)

Thanks for all the info Scott. I am looking forward to all the pics tomorrow.

Weather Channel HD ???

hmmmm, is that coming soon? Is that in any way related to the delay of "Local on the 8s" that was suppose to appear in October 2006?

Actually the Weather On The 8s feature is being advertised heavily here. I would say we would see it soon.

Last night I spent some time with Scott Higgins (The crazy interactive guy from the Charlie Chats) and I actually forgot to ask him about the Weather on the 8's. I will be seeing him again today.

BTW no sign of new pocketdishes, however Dish is making a OTA Off Air Tuner box which only does OTA and converts it to SD, this is one of the boxes which you will be able to use the $40 coupon for from the government.

Well the Huey Lewis and the News concert was great.
...fair enough, but didn't he rename the band to Huey Lewis and the Really Old News.:rolleyes:

I have seen a few interesting thing things. Including an external hard drive for the Dish ViP 211 which turns it into a full Dish DVR.
What the intercourse is going on with this? We've been waiting on USB External Storage for the past two years, and now E* is showing an omnipotent ill-fated DVR enabled 211 when they can't even manage to add this feature to the 622. Charlie can go insert media into the no-no spot.

Plus I have also seen a 622 which has special software which can block out "bad words" on TV and it replaces them with nicer words. This is from TV Guardian.
My above reply was edited by TV Guardian.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)