Howdy from Team Summit

I try to stay on top of what you guys are talking about. What would this mean actually. Better PQ for all channels or the ability for more HD or both.

Thanks

Plus I have also seen a 622 which has special software which can block out "bad words" on TV and it replaces them with nicer words. This is from TV Guardian.

That will be a problem then because TV Guardian uses the closed captioning to figure out where to mute the sound.

Guess they will have to fix CC on the 622 now!

I try to stay on top of what you guys are talking about. What would this mean actually. Better PQ for all channels or the ability for more HD or both.

Thanks

At the very least it means that Dish can add twice as many HD channels in the same amount of bandwidth with the same quality or perhaps better than mpeg2.

Well, he said "December" not "December 2007." So let's not be TOO certain.

I wonder if these satellites have anything to do with the ones on order by Voom when they went under? And launcher commitments? Must already be made. Sea Launch?

All MPEG-4 on the new satellites- and the start of phasing out the non-MPEG-4 receivers in the field?

Capacity? Beat D*? Curling channel in HD?

It just means that DirectTV won't be the only one with the capability for over 100 HD channels. One will likely be a National HD sat, the other could be more spotbeams for HD locals.

I still wonder what they mean by a new "MPEG4 Service". Does this mean that there will be a 2nd service launched (like analog and digital cable where there is a simulcast) or are they just going t convert MPEG2 channels over to MPEG4.

Well right now Dish is the HD Leader with things going to MPEG4 this is a big plus.

This is a bunch of baloney.......They have pre-paid Dish Ya now in MPEG-2.......they will NOT phase out these customers, since they do not have to provide valid physical addresses for these accounts. This "MOVE" to full MPEG-4 is a hoax.

If it's true, and when and if it's implementd, then all mpeg-2 boxes will become paper weights. That having been said, will those of us still using the mpeg-2 boxes be offered incentives to upgrade...like free equipment upgrades with perhaps a varied length commitment?

This is a bunch of baloney.......They have pre-paid Dish Ya now in MPEG-2.......they will NOT phase out these customers, since they do not have to provide valid physical addresses for these accounts. This "MOVE" to full MPEG-4 is a hoax.
Don't know why the change couldn't be implemented with a receiver swap-out, just as it would be with every other Dish sub. They could even arrange for a box swap at a local satellite retailer, if the home address is a problem.

Would not say it's a hoax no real reason for anyone to stay on a MPEG2 receiver everything is going to MPEG4. Yes they will support the hardware still but folks that are on MPEG2 hardware will loose out. Just like now some folks can not get some HD Channels. So point is here that I would think Dish will have upgrade plans for folks to get on MPEG4 receivers. But in the long run folks will need to get on MPEG4 if they want to see new HD channels and features. This will go for most carriers due to everything is heading to MPEG4. Overall this is real good news just goes to show where things are heading in the future. So no matter who you get service from you will have some type of MPEG4 receiver at some point in time.

Yeah it could be a separate service but in time I see most folks getting on MPEG4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts