hr 10-250 help again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

versaron

Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
pennsylvania
why is it the hr10 can't receive HD channels.i was duped then in buying this thinkin i would get the hd programming. which hd receiver would work for me that is cheapest. wanna get hd programming, get over air digital signal and supreme sound.
what model dish do i need?
how much is the HD programming package w/ directv and how many channels are available and is it worth it?
thanks for guiding me thru this. use to an installer w/ direct and dish before the HD revoluton. sucks i go duped on my hr10. anybody wanna buy mine? got the hr10 and an older dual tuner tivo receiver.

one last ?... i have my parents on my account. there in florida andi'm in pa. i've been afraid to plug my phone jack in thinking hey can tell the active receivers are 1000 miles apart. is that illegal w/ DTv and could they tell if plugged in the phone line?
thanks sat guys...weather is warming up so be carefull w/ them old dishes. bees love nesting up in them. chased me all around the roof once and gave my customer a heart attack thiking i was falling off:up good stuff

here's the link of the dish listing, check it out for me and let me kno what ya think. laid off from work so i'm trying to save whatever i can. w/ your help of course

GOOD GOD NEW DISHES ARE ON STEROIDS

:eek::eek::eek:
slimv1-list-04.jpg

last ? promise

I heard that the slim line 5 dish will be sufficient and the HR10receiver is still good to use if i install a B Band Converter.
does this sound right?:confused:

HR10 as stated numerous times does not receive current DirecTV HD offering aside from a couple mirrored stations in the 70's which are being phased out. You will need a HR2x Series Receiver. The HR20-xxx can be found "owned" but rare the HR21 through HR23 are ALL Leased, require a 24 month commitment and cant be purchased. The HR2x-PRO can be purchased for $600+

Getting a HR2x off ebay is a huge gamble that will either land in headaches, wasted money or extra costs from D* to activate.

Stacking onto your parents' account will lead you into much trouble. Your IP address is already tracked on this site and, most likely, forwarded to DirecTV for signal integrity processing.

Your first post says you got the HR10-250 for free..."it's been a while i've installed dishes, well before the HD revolution at least. i have a 42" LG plasma 1080i and wanna get a better pic.
i got a free hd10-250 receiver and was just wondering what kind of dish i need to activate it."

So..how much did you pay for the free DVR?

All I can say about your first posts, poor grammar, admitting theft in your first post, and being "duped" into buying a box that is known to be obsolete is...."Stupid is as Stupid does".

BYE !

one last ?... i have my parents on my account. there in florida andi'm in pa.

This activity is illegal, and violates your agreement with DirecTV. It may not be discussed here. With that there, I'm closing the thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)