HR 20-100 died

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bshef

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
3 or 4 years old (guessing).
I got a blue screen message during a reset that there was an error on the disk that would require a scan. I called DTV and reported this, they gave me a month of Showtime for the inconvenience (after telling me the scan will wipe my HD clean and take several hours).
code 15-760 after the scan so it wanted to scan again.
I called back to report this and they immediately said they would ship another unit.
I asked for a "new" unit but they rep said he had no control over which model would ship.
I'll report back in a few days when it arrives.

This happened to my HR20-100 last year and I decided to bite the bullet and acquired an HR24-500 online.
Then I deactivated the HR20 and sent it back.

I didn't get any credits from DirecTV, but I just wanted the HR24.

They sent me a new box......turned out it contained a 5 year old HR20-100 with scratches and a dent on one side!
I was not very happy so I called and complained......
Then the CSR hung up on me!...sigh!
I called back and asked every imaginable question about "how" I could get a "newer" DVR and the only answer I got was I would have to re-commit to a brand new 2 year contract and they would send me one of the newer models of their DVR's.

They did give me $30 credit to shut me up!
I'll survive with the HR20-100.....I guess!

You can also tell them you got a 3d tv, I called in last week cause the hr20 kept erasing my hard drive, I told the guy I had a 3d tv and before I even finished my explanation he told me he would upgrade, a new hr21 showed up saturday

Since I do use the OTA tuner on my HR20-100's, when my hd's bit the dust, I simply dropped new 1TB WD hard drives into mine.
The drives were only $75 on Amazon & were a breeze to install. (& I am really not a "computer geek"...)
Got to keep my own DVR's (instead of getting someone else's dented up garbage) & now have more space than ever!
If the time comes where the rest of the DVR croaks, I'll simply put the orginal hd's back in & send them back to D* :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts