HR 20-100 Remote Control Code for Onkyo HT-R340

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

arneycl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Odon, IN
Does anyone know how I can get my HR 20-100 DirecTV receiver programmed so I can use the volume keys to control my Onkyo HT-R340 receiver?

Someone on another site suggested this but either I'm missing a step or it doesn't work. Would really appreciate the assistance.

you will not be able to control on & off power of the onkyo with a single code.
To get the volume, use code 30135, with a tv code programmed to the tv device, or the volume keys won't work. then:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Do you have a tv code programmed to the tv device on the white remote? The volume keys will not work without one. Once there's a tv code, any tv code, and code 30135 programmed to either av1 or av2 device, doing the steps in your first post will punch-through the onkyo volume to all devices.

Edmund,

First, thank you very much for responding.

Second, would you mind to walk me thru this? I'm sorry but I'm just not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do.

1. As to whether or not I have a tv code programmed in to the tv device on the white remote. Yes, I think I do. IF, while the DirecTV button is on I programmed what type of TV I had. I know on the remote there is a DirecTV, AV1, AV2, TV button. If I put this on the TV button it wont let me do anything. So, I'm assuming you are talking about doing this while on the DirecTV button?

2. After that is completed, I program on AV1 code 30135?

3. Then I'm going to program AV1 again with 9 9 3?

Again, I appologize but I want to make sure I get this. My wife is driving me nuts complaining about having to have two remotes.

1, No you don't do anything while in the directv device, it has nothing to do with volume.

If you don't have a tv code, yours or any brand's code programmed to the tv device, all you get when pressing the volume keys is a message at the bottom of the screen, if tuned to the sat receiver, that the tv device isn't programmed. for petes sake put any code on the tv device, right?

You than program code 30135 to either av1 or av2 device, the volume keys won't work, they never do initially with ANY audio code, because the tv volume is in the way. So if you want just the onkyo volume in the av1 or av2 device you would do the following:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN

But you want the onkyo volume in the directv deevice, so thats why you do the following:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Now the onkyo volume is in all devices, thats includes directv device, AV1, AV2, and TV

if you want to restore the tv volume to just the tv device you would do the following:

1. TV
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN

The 993 procedure tells the remote what device the volume is coming from, not where its going, its either ONE device or ALL devices.

Thank you VERY much Edmund. I really appreciate it. Any idea how I would do this for my downstairs receiver? I have a Yamaha HTR-5760. Again, I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)