Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I called to D*'s C.R. to to see what they would do if I was interested in the new HD DVR.
I asked about swapping my H-10 out or doing no swap, just to see what they would offer, they are currently going for $ 399. at local BB.
She said they had no info on promos yet, but said to call back on Monday as they have new info starting tommorow, 9.11.2006.

I forgot to ask about the OTA tuner turn on date ....

She also mentioned that the BB exclusive deal was OVER at the end of September, so they should be available elsewhere then.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Just got off phone w/ DTV CSR---she states that the HR20 will be available nationwide TOMORROW as the exclusive BB deal ends 9/11....she said the upgrade from H10-250 is $399 but "she would take off $125" when I'm ready to order...

ENTMAN1773 said:
Just got off phone w/ DTV CSR---she states that the HR20 will be available nationwide TOMORROW as the exclusive BB deal ends 9/11....she said the upgrade from H10-250 is $399 but "she would take off $125" when I'm ready to order...
I will order AFTER the OTA input is activated, unless I get antsy ....

Jimbo

I get the feeling that if, by the 4th or 5th call, I don't get the free receiver swap out I was promised by 2 different installers and 2 different DirecTV CSR's, I will NOT be the easiest customer to talk to on the phone. Customers deserve honesty, and customers who spend as much as I do DEFINITELY deserve something.

You mean annoying begging demanding customers like yourself deserve to get a 400 dollar receiver for free? Just because you spent some time on the phone taking other peoples valuable time wasting hours of DTV CSRs time while I am waiting on hold at the expense of my other customers and my own unpaid time? I strongly disagree I would give you nothing and charge you double instead.

tech007 said:
You mean annoying begging demanding customers like yourself deserve to get a 400 dollar receiver for free? Just because you spent some time on the phone taking other peoples valuable time wasting hours of DTV CSRs time while I am waiting on hold at the expense of my other customers and my own unpaid time? I strongly disagree I would give you nothing and charge you double instead.
Actually, I am sure that that receiver would cost alot more than that , if we were buying vs. leaseing, remember the HR10-250 started at $1000. I'm sure plenty remember that.

while I am waiting on hold at the expense of my other customers and my own unpaid time?

You mean you dealers don't have backdoor phone numbers ???

Jimbo

Guys/Gals.....
I ordered an upgrade a month ago. Figured I was getting the 10-250 and got the HR20-700 last Thrusday (Atlanta). First I was paying $299 for it but I did call back and get it for nothing. I was very nice when I called and the first CSR gave it to me for $299. I was having some issues with my Samsung TIVO a week later and while I was on the line with retention (kept getting cut off on the normal number) and waiting for the TIVO to reset and I asked if we could do anything about the price on the HD-DVR. I got it down to $19.95 shipping and handling. At this point the CSR didn't know which receiver I'd be getting but I got the HR20. Got the same usual deals of credits, free movie channels, etc. I am paying for ST but Superfan is free - and let me say, after watching NFL for the first time yesterday in HD, I have to tell ya - there ain't no going back!

I am still waiting on the 5 LNB for local channels but that is another, long, very long story.............

How Big is the Hard Drive?

Can anyone tell me what size the Hard Drive is in the new unit?

OneBigJedi said:
Can anyone tell me what size the Hard Drive is in the new unit?
It's a 300 GB Seagate SATA drive..D* reserves 50 GB or so for download of PPV
movies that the box DL's...(you don't pay for them till you view them)

moonman said:
It's a 300 GB Seagate SATA drive..D* reserves 50 GB or so for download of PPV
movies that the box DL's...(you don't pay for them till you view them)
I see it has the ability to have an External HD, any word if that will ever become reality ???

also any word on the OTA tuner being turned on , someone said this week but thats the last I heard.
No word yet from D* about it.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.