HR 20-700 Refuses to Boot Up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sipester

Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
I have an HR 20-700 and when I turn it on all it does is say "Almost There. A few more seconds please . . . "

I have tried hard boots (unplug power cord) and soft boots (red reset button on front) and still the same thing.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

How long have you let it sit and idle like that? Those things are slow as hell neways. You could try hitting the reset button and as soon as you see hello your directv receiver is starting up, hit 0 2 4 6 8 on the remote. this should take you to a screen for a software download. This may or may not work. Sounds like you tried everything else.

Ohh yeah, not sure if you have it on the HDMI input, if you do remove that and try component. I had some initial issues as an installer with it having a brain fart on HDMI, it just would not go past that screen and the resolution lights kept blinking. Removing the HDMI cable and connecting component cables, then resetting resolved the issue. After setting up the receiver and making sure the software was up dated, i then reinstalled the hdmi cable and everything was peachy.

Thanks for the input, I tried component only and the forced update and still nothing, I guess I'll have to call Directv.

Thanks for the input, I tried component only and the forced update and still nothing, I guess I'll have to call Directv.

Do you have both inputs connected from the dish?

If you have a network (ethernet) connection try removing that and then rebooting to see if that helps, some have reported that causes a problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)