HR 20-700 Remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mseaton80

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Hey guys, new around here...patiently waiting for new HD (but patiently is hardly the word anymore..)

Does anyone know of alternate codes for a Westinghouse LCD TV? It seems to use the Sony codes, but I can't use my remote to turn the TV and receiver off at the same time.

If anyone has figured this out, any help is appreciated.

In the upper left corner of your remote is a number letter combination to tell ue which remote you have RC24 is an example.

The TV ON & OFF keys work when the remote is set to sony tv codes, for sonys. Westinghouse sets that respond to the sony codes don't respond to the sony discrete commands though. The new rc64 remote has a new code under westinghouse that controls sony tv's, but the ON & OFF don't control the sony.

The TV ON & OFF keys work when the remote is set to sony tv codes, for sonys. Westinghouse sets that respond to the sony codes don't respond to the sony discrete commands though. The new rc64 remote has a new code under westinghouse that controls sony tv's, but the ON & OFF don't control the sony.

My RC64RB on/off works with my Sony 36XBR400,,, didn't have to program a thing. :cool:

Robin

In my experience some TVs (brands/models) just don’t like the on and off buttons. But on the bright side you get to be one of the few people who have to slide the device selector switch to TV and press the PWR button twice but sometimes once to power your TV on and off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)