HR-20 DVR Recording Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

djbarci

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Hello all...I am having a great deal of trouble with my HR-20 DVR.

All of a sudden...all the shows I have recorded this week are not playing back correctly when I try to play them from my DVR "List."

Even today I tried to record something...played it back and same thing! The shows have recorded to my DVR, however, they will not play back.

The problem is they playback extremely choppy and pause every 5 seconds. I can't watch my recordings.

I unplugged my receiver, reset the receiver, and still the same problem with the DVR.

Any suggestions on what is causing this or what I need to do to resolve this issue? Should I call DirecTV? I have the Protection Plan...

Thanks all in advance!!!

***EDIT***: I meant to also add that this is occurring with both SD & HD programming.

I am having a similar issue, I think mine is related to a SWM install that I just had. Basically whenever something is recording and I go to watch it during the time it is recording I will get a Searching for signal on Satellite 1 message. When the show is over the channel will show correctly and when I go to watch the program I get a "do you want to save or delete this show" message. As if I am at the end of the show. It is a HR20 receiver. Any advice will be appreciated.

I record Paranormal State every Monday at 10pm on 265. Every week when I go to play it back it is a black screen and it won't advance, it shows that it recorded for a half hour, but it does the same thing every week. When I go and record this at 2am it records fine.

Same unit hr20

Brian

I am having a similar issue, I think mine is related to a SWM install that I just had. Basically whenever something is recording and I go to watch it during the time it is recording I will get a Searching for signal on Satellite 1 message. When the show is over the channel will show correctly and when I go to watch the program I get a "do you want to save or delete this show" message. As if I am at the end of the show. It is a HR20 receiver. Any advice will be appreciated.

Ya...mine is not quite like your problem...but nonetheless it sucks! It just started doing this!

Here is some more info on my receiver:

-It's an HR20-100 that I have had since September of 2007.

-When I watch a program live the picture is outstanding, but say if I were to record what I was watching live...the dvr would record it, but play it back EXTREMELY choppy/pausy.

-I have checked and both Tuner 1 & 2 say they are working...but at 2 different %'s.

-I have a Slimeline-5 dish, along with 2 other receivers in mhy house that work just fine: 1) HR21-100 & D11-100.

Thank you in advance for your input!

If your live tv viewing is fine, try doing a complete reset of the box (menu, setup, reset, reset everything).

This formats the drive, erases EVERYTHING, and hopefully fixes the problem.

If still a problem after the reset, call DirecTV and they'll replace your box.

If your live tv viewing is fine, try doing a complete reset of the box (menu, setup, reset, reset everything).

This formats the drive, erases EVERYTHING, and hopefully fixes the problem.

If still a problem after the reset, call DirecTV and they'll replace your box.

Thanks Jason!

Dang...that sucks! I have like 30 shows on there that actually do work fine...it's just been happening this week. Oh well...if I gotta do it...I gotta do it!

Thanks Jason!

Dang...that sucks! I have like 30 shows on there that actually do work fine...it's just been happening this week. Oh well...if I gotta do it...I gotta do it!

Does this happen on ALL your recordings you want to watch, new as well as older ones ?

Does this happen on ALL your recordings you want to watch, new as well as older ones ?

Just the ones this week...it started on Sunday with Entourage.

My old ones are fine...but it's like my DVR is completely useless after this week.

Actually...something like you mentioned did happen to this same DVR a long time ago.

Both old and new programs on myh DVR would play back "choppy." It then fixed itself somehow.

What would have caused that you think?

Thanks!

I talked to D* CS last night and they are sending me a replacement DVR for my HR20-100 receiver.

I couldn't take the DVR not working anymore and they were unable to correct the problem.

Hopefully they don't send me a crappy receiver that crapped out like this one!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)