HR-20 not recording first run

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joseph.solari

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Has anyone else had an issue with the HR-20 not recording first run episodes?

So far it seems the following channels either dont have correct info or do not record only first runs:

MTV
Comdey Central

ANyone have the same issues with either of these channels? What other ones are other experiencing issues with?

Has anyone else had an issue with the HR-20 not recording first run episodes?

So far it seems the following channels either dont have correct info or do not record only first runs:

MTV
Comdey Central

ANyone have the same issues with either of these channels? What other ones are other experiencing issues with?

Normally when this type of thing happens it is due to the information that the channel has given the guide people, there is special coding that gets placed into the data that tells the machine if it's first run or not (PSIP).
This happens from time to time.
I think it's happening on the USA network as well as my machine is picking up "the 4400" only first run is what it's set for, they have been running some of last years or before even and it has picked them up ....
Of course this is the first time it has seen this titile as well, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I would put my money on the data not being delivered to D* properly from the network.
btw, PSIP is in the glossary if you want more info.

Jimbo

Comedy Central program information sucks. I had problems with my Tivos, Windows Media Center, Dish DVR's and Directv ones. So its not Directv or their receivers. Its Comedy Central. For things like Daily Show and Colbert report, I create a manual recording on the HR20 that repeats week nightly at 11PM and ending 12:01 AM. All I have to do is tell it to not record Fridays or just delete it after it records. That way it wont have to think about first runs or give you multiple showings during the day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts