HR 20 trouble need help PLease

Status
Please reply by conversation.

propony

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
roanoke va
I have an hr 20 this is the third one in a little over 2 years and I am im kind of at a loss.

First question is has any one expereinced their over the air tuner going out.I have check cables an have checked signal strength an all is good. My tv in my bed has an converter an it work fine.Any ideas????:confused:.
Second question if I Upgrade receivers what is the best receiver to upgrade too.

I've never had an OTA tuner go out.
I have had very little trouble with my HR20's, they have preformed reliably , they run slower than my HR24's, but I know that going in, they run better than the HR21-23's by a long shot.

If they would put an OTA tuner back in the HR24's that would be the BEST scenario.

Got 2 HR20-100's here that I've had for over 3+ years & other than being their usual sluggishness, (& not really any worse than any other pre-HR24 models) have run great for me, including the OTA tuner. The hard drives crashed in both of them about a year+ ago, but I simply dropped 1TB WD drives in their place & they have been running fine since. I don't do many hd swaps in things, but it was a piece of cake even for me to do it in these units - sure is great to now have 2TB of HD storage between the 2 units now, w/out having to deal with external hard drives. :D

Ok you guys crack me up. Oh no problems with mine, been working great for blah blah blah years - well ok it's really slow - and yeah I had to replace the HD in both my units - the OTA quits working - soon you will have someone with the units that reboot all the time. What do you think new customers think about these problems? How many people are going to drop new HD's in their units when they quit working? Most are going to call Directv and want a new unit or a service tech.

DO a search, how many posts do we have about problems with the H/HR20? Alot.
Ask any tech about the H/HR20, they will tell you they would rather run those POS over with their truck than install them in someones house. They are nothing but a SIN waiting to happen. I can't tell you how many back charges I have gotten because of those units.

Just recent posts

We have a 3.5 year old HR20-100 in the bedroom that only gets used at night.

A couple nights ago, it was stuck on the infamous 771 error for all channels (note we've had no trouble with other receivers in the house). A red button reboot cleared it up and all was fine.

This happened again the next two nights. Last night, the reboot didn't fix it, and the receiver couldn't even fully boot because it couldn't get a signal. I haven't yet checked the physical line due to the weather here the past few days. That's on my list today.

I've tried resending the receiver authorization. I've confirmed no cables inside the house are loose. This receiver does have a BBC that I'll try swapping out today to see if that's the issue.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, along the lines of this just being a hint that it's time for a new receiver? Or is it likely external to the receiver?

I have the "Whole-Home" DVR service. I've had it for about six months now without a hiccup, up until just a few days ago. Now, the H24 receiver will not refresh the DVR list, unless I reset it.

After I reset it, then the DVR list becomes identical to the HR20 master receiver. Nothing was changed, moved, or disconnected prior to this problem. I am stumped, to say the least, and would appreciate any ideas.

I have 3 that I've had since they came out and not a glitch from any of them, also have 2 HR21s with no problems. The 20s are getting old now so more and more will have problems in the near future but they have been a very solid DVR.

Thanks guys for the info so if i wanted to upgrade if I understand this right go with the 24 and go with the piggy back unit for my ota tuner.I have one more Question have anyone experienced ordering a pay per view have it record an it delete before you even get to watch it.I had this happen an direct will not help me out at all.Is there anything I can do.Ive call Cs and even spoken to a superviser they have been so ruid an nasty.Is there anything I can do.Thank for any help I can get.

Thanks guys for the info so if i wanted to upgrade if I understand this right go with the 24 and go with the piggy back unit for my ota tuner.I have one more Question have anyone experienced ordering a pay per view have it record an it delete before you even get to watch it.I had this happen an direct will not help me out at all.Is there anything I can do.Ive call Cs and even spoken to a superviser they have been so ruid an nasty.Is there anything I can do.Thank for any help I can get.

The H/HR24 is the way to go.

I am surprised that D* didn't just credit you the cost of the movie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts