hr-20 = you tube

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shamill19

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
I recently "upgraded" from the hd directivo to the hr-20-100 in anticipation of the thousands :rolleyes: of HD choices the will soon be available.
However many of the standard def channels look as though they are streaming through youtube. The composite conection actually looks better than the HDMI. This may be because it is darker and hides the pixels.
My question is has anyone expeirenced a similar problem? If so, is the fix a new box as I suspect or something less simple.

I recently "upgraded" from the hd directivo to the hr-20-100 in anticipation of the thousands :rolleyes: of HD choices the will soon be available.
However many of the standard def channels look as though they are streaming through youtube. The composite conection actually looks better than the HDMI. This may be because it is darker and hides the pixels.
My question is has anyone expeirenced a similar problem? If so, is the fix a new box as I suspect or something less simple.

Did you mean that the component looks better than the HDMI? Because if your composite looks better than your HDMI, then something must be wrong with either your TV's or HR20's HDMI port.

If you meant to say that the component looks better than the HDMI, I think some people have experienced that because of compatibilty issues with some TVs and the HDMI port. If you tell everyone what TV you have somebody could probably respond.

You are correct component is what I should have typed. The TV is a Vizio 50 inch plasma. I've had my HDTivo hooked up through the component's(the tivo's hdmi was broke) for a few months and it looked great! thanks for responding.
I went through the satelites signal strength and everything is mid 90's. But satelite 99 is at zero, this may be completely useless?

Yes. I have found that there is no difference on my TV and set up between the Component and the HDMI connection.

This does not mean there is no difference on others TV's.

as for the 99* sat you mentioned, it could be one of two things.
a. your not in an area that has a signal on the 99 yet, or
b. the HR20 is just not reading it correctly, this was a problem awhile back, not really a problem seeing it's not used yet in most areas.

Jimbo

thanks Jimbo I've schedule a tech for next Wed I'll post the outcome for some future "D-Tuber" <--- Yes you heard it hear first!

The incorrect 99 reading was on some H20s. I believe this has been fixed in software. They still worked as far as receiving channels from 99, however.

I use HDMI with a 42 in. Vizio plasma and it looks identical (good) to component on my HR20-700. It seems that resolution on many of the SD channels has improved recently. I don't know if they have tweaked the software or possibly made some transmission improvements.

Look at the "living on the edge" thread about an available update for the HR20-100 tonight and tomorrow night. This should bring it up to the same version as the HR20-700.

Look at the "living on the edge" thread about an available update for the HR20-100 tonight and tomorrow night. This should bring it up to the same version as the HR20-700.

I think I'm gonna have to wait on the National Release for my -100 ....
But I'll keep up with the CE's for the -700 .

Jimbo

Finally a fix. It was a bad multiswitch. New one installed yesterday. Now I'm back to just the standard bad D* picture. I sure hope the Mpeg 4 stuff looks better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)