HR-21 Boat anchor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StanCorrected

Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
WA State
Hi there. New to this forum, (and not much of a technical guy)....my HR21 200 is locking up just about every time I use it, requiring a reboot. Missing recordings as a result, etc. Suffice it to say, it's aggravating!

I realize from reading a few other posts/forums, that this is not an uncommon problem. I bought my receiver at Costco last July, but didn't boot it up until November. Regardless, the 3-month warranty is up.

So, my (hopefully) simple question is: Is there a 'fix' for this, or is this receiver junk? And if I do replace it, is the HR-22 just as prone to problems? I understand there is now an HR-23, but it's hard to come by....any issues with this receiver?

Must admit, I long for the days of my Tivo/Direct receiver....and, yes, I am aware that there is a new one coming, but I need to do something now.

Thanks.

If you bought it last July, then it is a leased unit and covered. Call D* and tell them it won't boot up at all. They'll send out a replacement receiver at no charge, HOWEVER you will pay $19.95 shipping unless you have the protection plan. They will expect you to place the dead one in the box and return it to them with an included prepaid return label.

This is if you are SURE it's the receiver and not another issue. Otherwise they may want to send a tech out, at a charge unless you have the protection plan, to diagnose the problem. When they agree to send the replacement, ask if you could get a newer model, it couldn't hurt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)