HR 21 networked, need phone line

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tmanbt

Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Hi, First time post. Just wondering if my HR21 is networked do I still need a phone line connection ? Thanks !

You don't really need a phone line connected with any Directv receivers. The only thing you will miss is the ability to order PPV with the remote (and possibly some Game Lounge features). Directv is testing some CE upgrades to do this via a network connection. The phone connections work with most VOIP providers as well.

You don't really need a phone line connected with any Directv receivers. The only thing you will miss is the ability to order PPV with the remote (and possibly some Game Lounge features). Directv is testing some CE upgrades to do this via a network connection. The phone connections work with most VOIP providers as well.

I have been able to order PPV with remote without phone line. It's better to order PPV online with your userid and password so all your IRD/STB's get the PPV, instead of it being limited to 1 IRD/STB if you use the remote.

I have been able to order PPV with remote without phone line. It's better to order PPV online with your userid and password so all your IRD/STB's get the PPV, instead of it being limited to 1 IRD/STB if you use the remote.

You can order PPV up to a certain dollar limit without the phone line, but it won't let you go past that point ($10 I think). I don't think you are charged until you actually watch the recorded program.

You can order PPV up to a certain dollar limit without the phone line, but it won't let you go past that point ($10 I think). I don't think you are charged until you actually watch the recorded program.

He also won't be billed for it, if the phone line is not plugged in .... but once it is plugged in, they will bill you on the next billing cycle.

Bob, I think it's actually around $ 100 , or at least it use to be that way. They will eventually start getting a Call ext # on the screen ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts