HR 21 recording bug - Anybody else?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Happenned with showtime when recording weeds and movies. Shows recording, shows on the list and also shows the duration. When I try to play it seems like it goes to the end of the recording cause it asks if I want to delete or keep it. If I say keep it and try to play, it does the same! Only option is to delete it.
Gonna call DTV anyway to report that. Just wondering if anybody has had that happen?

I've seen many threads similar to your issue. I believe a reboot typically solved it. This is the first thing that they will have you do.

Are you running a CE release? If you are, you'll need to revert back to the National before calling, ultimately losing anything that you've recorded since the beginning of the new CE cycle.

This happened to me a few weeks ago. All of my recordings were doing the exact same thing. A reboot cleared up the problem.

--Clint--

thanks for the replies. It happened before I did the CE and after. also, it has happened before and after a reboot!

Happenned with showtime when recording weeds and movies. Shows recording, shows on the list and also shows the duration. When I try to play it seems like it goes to the end of the recording cause it asks if I want to delete or keep it. If I say keep it and try to play, it does the same! Only option is to delete it.
Gonna call DTV anyway to report that. Just wondering if anybody has had that happen?
I was having the exact same issue, but with USA HD on channel 242. It appears to be that the signal was dropping out just when recording was to begin. Between rebooting the box, and putting in brand new coax between the box and the feeds off the dish, my problem seems to have gone away. It was bad enough last Saturday that I was mad enough to call DTV to complain. They sent a guy out to check everything. Of course after the phone call everything started working without a problem. They guy just left, and after checking the signal strength and telling him what the problem was, he left two extra block B converters, since according to him, those tend to go out first.

In that case I'd load the National release and prepare to get a new receiver after spending an hour or two on the phone with tech support.

yeah i agree. it sound to me like a hardware issue. i am yet to have a recording issue with my hr21-100 but i've also heard of this problem from many others. hope it works out for you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)