HR-22 Locks Up/ Black screen issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbusuito

Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Clinton Twp, MI.
I've read a few people having issues with their HR22's locking up, black screen, but info in the guide still. I have been having the same issues for the past few days, and now twice today. Will I be able to download the CE release tonight via force dnload?? Or do I need to sign up for something. This is my first DVR with D*, but been with them since USSB days. Have H20-600 which is rock solid! Currently running software version 0255. I'm ready to take this thing back to BB since I have 45 days to return it.

Did you hit your little red button yet? I had a problem with one of the tuners not getting a signal. This was about a week ago. I hit Mr. red button and haven't had any more issues since (knock on wood). The 22 is the latest and greatest D offers. It just can't be a POS, can it?

I'm not sure about forcing an update. I thought an update would automatically download and ask you if you wanted to install it? If it doesn't download, then it's not available. Atleast that's what I thought.

I've read a few people having issues with their HR22's locking up, black screen, but info in the guide still. I have been having the same issues for the past few days, and now twice today. Will I be able to download the CE release tonight via force dnload?? Or do I need to sign up for something. This is my first DVR with D*, but been with them since USSB days. Have H20-600 which is rock solid! Currently running software version 0255. I'm ready to take this thing back to BB since I have 45 days to return it.

Yes, there is a CE download available tonight 9/19 & you can subscribe to this sites email notification to alert yourself to updates. Use the link below to subscribe & read all about the CE program.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...-option-hd-dvr-series-hr20-hr21-hr22-r22.html

I have had the black screen twice (I've had the HR21 for two months now) & simply hit the little red button. One interesting thing is the 'LIST' button for stored recordings still works one time then it to goes black on a second try.
I plan on updating the software soon as new software turned my H20's from pinto's to mustangs.

Good luck.

Yes, there is a CE download available tonight 9/19 & you can subscribe to this sites email notification to alert yourself to updates. Use the link below to subscribe & read all about the CE program.

I have had the black screen twice (I've had the HR21 for two months now) & simply hit the little red button. One interesting thing is the 'LIST' button for stored recordings still works one time then it to goes black on a second try.
I plan on updating the software soon as new software turned my H20's from pinto's to mustangs.

Good luck.
Cool, learning new stuff to do is fun.:hungry:

I have reset the unit a few times. RBR and unplugged the power cord. Also the guide is very slow compared to my H20. I gonna try the new CE download in ten minutes. Hopefully this will fix the issues. Thanks for the responses fellas!

I have reset the unit a few times. RBR and unplugged the power cord. Also the guide is very slow compared to my H20. I gonna try the new CE download in ten minutes. Hopefully this will fix the issues. Thanks for the responses fellas!

The guide & overall graphical interface is much slower on the HR21 compared to the H20. Let us know if the latest CE download speeds up the interface.

I've had 2 of the 22's running for about a month now with no problems. Hopefully this doesn't pop up...

Well after downloading CE release this weekend, all is working well, no lock ups and this thing has been on weekend! Guide seems more responsive, but still could use some tweaking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)