hr-22 & on Demand not working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

irishdoc

Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
east tn
i have two hr-22's. both are hooked through a switch to the internet but i am only getting the on demand service to the one i have a pi-21 inserter on. do i need to add another pi-21?? if not what do i need to do other than putting it on to a different port of my router. the switch has one pc, two hr-22, and one hd box hooked to it. please let me know. thanks

checked the cable then replaced it just to be sure. i have a four port gb router. off of one of the ports is a 8 port switch, hooked to it is one regular hd box, 2 hr-22 dvr boxes, and one pc. i am connected to everything but one of the hr-22's. if i connect the box to its own port on the router it connects and runs just fine, but unfortunately I cant loose my bandwidth to the other pc's in-order to dedicate the router port for this box. is there something i am doin wrong with the hook up on the switch or does each hr-22 have to be dedicated to a router port and not a switch port??

ok have configured the advance setup for the ip i want it to use. the ip's on the other devices are different (as not to cause a conflict). when it goes to test i get ok on everything except the "connection to internet." i have tried unhooking everything but the hr-22 that is having problems and still no connection to the internet. bad box??? or ethernet device??? should i try running a differnet wire from the hr-22 that is working and see if the built in switch does anything to help the situation. If i do that do i do the advance setup the same as if i were using the other switch???

Since you can connect ok if you are plugged straight into the router, I suspect it's the switch that's the problem. If you have a laptop you could unplug the ethernet cable from your receiver and attach it to the laptop to test connectivity back to the switch. Are you always using the same cable? Also which port on your switch are you attaching to the receiver? Some switches have an uplink port that is used to interconnect switches, and if you are using that port it would cause a problem.

Have you tried to move the ethernet into a different port on the rear of the HR-22? There should be two plug-ins for it. I recently installed an R-22 in my living room and hooked an ethernet line to it. At first, it would not connect. I changed the port on the IRD and then it worked fine. Other than that, if you think it may be the receiver itself, I'd suggest moving the two HR-22s around to help determine exactly what it is (or what it isn't).

i've tried everything that has been suggested. the cable is good and the switch is working perfectly with every other device hooked to it. i guess i will have to contact D* about replacing the box. unless anyone has new suggestions.

Somewhat related to this, I have an HR22 that's hooked up to the internet, and while it confirms it's connected to the internet, the on Demand channel (1000) has nothing on it! It just has this generic screen that doesn't show any of the on Demand channels. On my old HR20 the On Demand worked fine, but for whatever reason the listings aren't coming up on the HR22. Am I doing something wrong here?

On a similar note, my hr22 works fine with the on demand. That is until this weekend i tried ordering a PPV Vod. I confirmed to buy the movie as it started playing, I watched 3/4 of the movie and it stopped and gave me an error message 733 check phone line or internet connection. I call up D* and ask them what is going on, the CSR says, well your receiver hasnt pinged back since december 28th. I'll send a few hits to it to try and make it call back. Basically this is where im left, The box wont calll back, i've reset the receiver, reset the modem, reset my router. I verified its still working by watching other Vod programs, but the box still wont Ping out?

no phone line connected just intermet. It's supposed to work with the internet only connection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)