HR-22 vs HR-21?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kattheaunt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
I just received my replacement for a dying HR-22. Is there much difference between it and the replacement HR-21? Does it have the same recording space? If its less, I don't want it. I haven't swapped them yet.

Ah, yeah, you will want to pickup the phone if you are sensitive to hard drive space.

HR21: 320GB
HR22: 500GB

Otherwise nearly identical.

So that's almost a third less storage space. Well, that's going to be a problem. Since that cannot guarantee what unit ill get do we just keep sending it back & forth till I get what I want?

Pretty much. I would request they send a box with a technician to the house, you're more likely to get a current model that way, and can always refuse the appointment and reschedule if when the tech calls you before hand you ask what model is on the truck and clarify what you will accept.

A phone rep has no control, it just goes on the order as HD-DVR exchange or something like that.

They are going to send another one. Hopefully it will be comparable to what I have. I can't go the route you suggested because the company that services my building will charge me $50 at least, if I refuse what they have in the truck. Worst company I ever dealt with, bar none. So, it will be mail roulette until I get what I want. :-(

jcrandall said:
Pretty much. I would request they send a box with a technician to the house, you're more likely to get a current model that way, and can always refuse the appointment and reschedule if when the tech calls you before hand you ask what model is on the truck and clarify what you will accept.

A phone rep has no control, it just goes on the order as HD-DVR exchange or something like that.

It's unlikely the technician will carry older equipment for service replacements.

I received the one I wanted today. Now the fun of swapping it out. Thanks for the info guys.

Yes. A least I'll have the same space. I hope it works as well as the first one did for most of the time I had it. Haven't swapped it out yet. With my back, that's going to be a job.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)