HR 22...?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kev1782

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
So I just called Costco to see if maybe they've dropped the price on the HR 21 lately, and the guy says he doesn't have any in stock, and that they're not carrying the HR 21 anymore. But on the 8th, he's got a new shipment of receivers coming in, the HR 22...none of the other local Costco's know anything about this. Is D* putting out a new line of HD DVR's?

Yep, just wouldn't figure it would be hitting retail shelves on 8/8/08 with nary a word or leak.. Maybe there is a DVR version on the H23 in the works?

I thought he might be mistaken, too, but then he started reading off the HR 21-700, to be replaced with the HR 22. Either way, I'll wait until Friday before buying the HR 21 just to see.

Yep, I would surely think its worth waiting a few days to find out. I am thinking if its legit the only thing that is likely different is the B-band converters being built-in and maybe some minor styling & firmware changes.

HR22 at Costco

Hi everyone, kinda new to all the message boards, just wanted to post this as i read this the other day about the HR22 being at Costco. My sister works at Costco here in Detroit area at their member services dept. I called her to see if she could look up in inventory under D* under receivers, she said HR22 DVR, they are coming in about 1 week. 24 units. They have no specs on the unit so sorry I cant help there. I'm looking to upgrade to my H20 600 to a DVR but having one B-band converter is bad enough. Hope this has it bulit in internally.

Hi everyone, kinda new to all the message boards, just wanted to post this as i read this the other day about the HR22 being at Costco. My sister works at Costco here in Detroit area at their member services dept. I called her to see if she could look up in inventory under D* under receivers, she said HR22 DVR, they are coming in about 1 week. 24 units. They have no specs on the unit so sorry I cant help there. I'm looking to upgrade to my H20 600 to a DVR but having one B-band converter is bad enough. Hope this has it bulit in internally.

i hope the difference is more than that;)

if you look at the one i posted the middle of the center ring is completely chrome while the hr21 pro is chrome with the middle select button black. also there is a border around the fully chrome center ring that sticks out while the pro has an indentation around the ring.it sinks in. see it?

if you look at the one i posted the middle of the center ring is completely chrome while the hr21 pro is chrome with the middle select button black. also there is a border around the fully chrome center ring that sticks out while the pro has an indentation around the ring.it sinks in. see it?
Hard to tell since one is a straight on shot and the other is on a angle. Guess we'll just have to wait to see if something is announced soon.

Biggest difference is the size of the hard drive. It has a 500GB HDD instead of the normal 320GB HDD. That gives 400 SD hours and 100 HD hours of recording time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)