HR 23 HD DVR Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghc37

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Hello, I have a HD-DVR - HR21-700(circle of blue lights in the middle) anyways I have this weird problem that when i record something or try to watch something I recorded a long time ago it will not play. It just says do you want to delete this now? Yet all of the movies etc. show up in my playlist. Any ideas?
Thanks, Guy

Last edited:
The thread title shows HR23 and you must have edited the text for HR21, right?

Anyway, have you rebooted the unit? This should clear up the problem in the future. Not sure aboutthe existing shows, however.

The thread title shows HR23 and you must have edited the text for HR21, right?

Anyway, have you rebooted the unit? This should clear up the problem in the future. Not sure aboutthe existing shows, however.

Yea I looked up my account and it says I have an HR21-700. I have had some other problems lately now that I think of it, like it would not pause so I rebooted and that works now. I'll try another reboot. I wonder if it's a heat issue, I turn the AC off during the day when I'm at work (10 hrs) but the DVR stays on 24/7. It's about 80 degrees in the house when I get home from work

What is the temperature that is reported on the information screen?

I didn't even know about that feature, how do you access information screen? I'll check it out when I get home in an hour. And how hot is too hot?

menu -> setup - > system setup - > info & test.

Or words to that effect. It's not hidden. Is it in an enclosure? If so, it could increase in heat as the drive buffers 24/7 whether it's off or not. That could generate heat.

Hr 21 DVR problem

Well I checked the temperature on the info screen and it said 32 degrees F. which is obvious malfunction. So I deleted all of my recordings and did a master reset? (push the little reset button by the card on botton right side. I am currently recording and I'll see how it works out. Also again, I noticed before I reset that it would not pause but after I reset it does pause now. Maybe this is a good sign:)

Well I checked the temperature on the info screen and it said 32 degrees F. which is obvious malfunction. So I deleted all of my recordings and did a master reset? (push the little reset button by the card on botton right side. I am currently recording and I'll see how it works out. Also again, I noticed before I reset that it would not pause but after I reset it does pause now. Maybe this is a good sign:)

Update... It has been working for 2 days and all those shows I deleted are still there. Go figure

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)