HR 24 B Converter Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Call them to activate card and still receive SD TV thu the HR24 till Thurs when HD Dish will be installed. They will probably start billing me for HD service on the day I call, no big deal.
I dont know if they can bill you for HD as the account probably shows no HD dish. I know with my setup I had to wait. I have 2 R22's which can be used on a SD only account or be set up for HD as long as a "real" HD receiver is on the account. So I have a H23 in the bedroom on a SDTV and the 2 R22's are on the HD units now

Is this accurate in that I can use the HDDVR to receive my SD DTV channels thru my SD Dish till the 30th?

yep. I do that with one of my receivers

Thanks Iceberg

Kinda remember when I was looking to get a new receiver, since the old DRD RCA is losing guide, they said only choice was an HD one if I wanted to get optical out, but I would be billed for HD service. Stayed with old one. So, thought as soon as I actvated would start to be billed for HD. No matter, since they are coming on Thursday now.

I will be setting all up tomorrow and moving current crt tv's around. Day long project with the moving/connecting and setting up TV/Denon/Blue RaySat Rec with Audio and Wifi stuff.

Thanks,

Ken

Thanks Iceberg

Kinda remember when I was looking to get a new receiver, since the old DRD RCA is losing guide, they said only choice was an HD one if I wanted to get optical out, but I would be billed for HD service. Stayed with old one. So, thought as soon as I actvated would start to be billed for HD. No matter, since they are coming on Thursday now.

I will be setting all up tomorrow and moving current crt tv's around. Day long project with the moving/connecting and setting up TV/Denon/Blue RaySat Rec with Audio and Wifi stuff.

Thanks,

Ken

Yeah it's a project, but it is sooooo rewarding to sit down after a whole day of running wires and futzing with settings to sit and watch that first movie in glorious HD and surround!! As corny as it sounds, one of the best movies to test and show off your brand new theater with is Cars (the kids animated movie) - or really anything recent by Pixar - on BluRay. So make sure you go buy that first! :D Avatar, while not as flashy as an animated film, is a perfectly acceptable substitute if you don't do Pixar..

Yeah, I can't wait Jersey

All HDMI will make it easier then previous setup though

Just hate messing with the Audio setup on the Denon and setting wifi mac addresses.

Plus moving the current tv to FR and that tv upstairs

One of my sons got me the last Harry Potter in Bluray, so will try it first.

But, know what you mean about the cartoon movies

Ken

Yeah it's a project, but it is sooooo rewarding to sit down after a whole day of running wires and futzing with settings to sit and watch that first movie in glorious HD and surround!!

heck the 1st program in HD is nice to see.....as long as it isnt stretch-o-vision

I think the 1st channel I turned on when I got HD was MLB Net...even in the offseason it rocked :)

EVERYTHING is now hooked up and working. DTV just left, so I am set with HDDVR capabilities and all HD components are working--Great Picture!!

Thanks for all the help guys--esp Iceberg

Ken

cool. glad you're up and running

Did the tech use a SWM setup?
Now with the HD units you can hide the SD duplicate channels in the guide (FYI) so if the channel is in HD it only shows that one

Yes on SWM

Did what you suggested and asked him about it upon arrival. He was happy not to run a new cable. No charge--but, I tipped him $20.00. Good tech, he was here a couple years ago and did great. I requested him.

He already hid the duplicates and changed the bars to black for non-HD. Hate the gray bars.

My Denon and New Sony are doing an exc upscale on sd and cable channels. They are extemely clear and sharp.

Very Happy,

Thanks Again,

Ken

He already hid the duplicates and changed the bars to black for non-HD. Hate the gray bars.

I never understood why most devices default to gray or even offer the option anymore (it is a byproduct of the old CRT HDTVs). Why would they think anyone wants to have gray bars? There is no reason whatsoever to make them more visible in the LCD/LED/Plasma age.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts