hr-24 recording indicator quedtion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I installed a new hr-24 from solid signal and the orange recording light does not illuminate during a recording cycle. the unit records properly. id there a command or other way to turn this function on?? since the unit is new it seems unlikely the bulb is burned out.

I installed a new hr-24 from solid signal and the orange recording light does not illuminate during a recording cycle. the unit records properly. id there a command or other way to turn this function on?? since the unit is new it seems unlikely the bulb is burned out.

Nothing in the Menus.

This is odd ... my guess is the recvr Record bulb is blown, IF it's a real issue, I would return it and have it swapped out for you.

The Record light on the newer units are not nearly as bright as the older units.
Are the rest of the lights on the recvr working ?

On our HR-24, the light isn't subtle, you can't miss it. I can walk into the room and say, "Oh, what's recording?" If the orange light isn't on, I would say that something is wrong with it (such as dead bulb or something). If that is all that is wrong, you have to decide if it's worth swapping out.

the other lights on the front panel are working and of normal intensity.
I`d rather not return the unit as it`s too much of a hassle to activate and set up a new unit. when I received the unit from solid signal the seal on the recorder box was cut and there was no manual inside. everything else appeared untouched.

Sounds like it was a returned unit that wasn't fully checked out.

They do post here on an occasion though. I'm sure they would exchange the unit for you. Mistakes happen, and this one is likely an innocent one.

Not trying to promote solid signal, but I doubt they would purposelt send you a unit with a faulty recording light. They probably can't warranty it either at this point as Directv only gives them 90 days.

Get the Protection plan through Directv and exchange it that way.

If the light is bad, maybe the box has some other issues that just haven't surfaced yet. I'd exchange the box sooner than later. Solid Signal would likely take care of this right away now, better than dealing with them or DirecTV later if you don't have the protection pack. Plus if the box goes later, you'll lose all of your recordings, better to send the box back now, before you fill up the hard drive. Just my two cents.. Good luck in whatever you choose!

Status
Please reply by conversation.