HR-24 With Whole Home DVR and Internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

druwhall

Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Lexington
I didn't have internet in my house when I got Directv installed 6 months ago. I have to HR-24 receivers with MRV. I see that on Directv.com they want you to have professional instillation for the internet which was around 75 dollars. My question is, is it really that hard to get the internet hooked up to HR-24 receiver's since it already has the DECA built in them? What would I need to hook them up or should I just let Directv hook them up?

You can buy a recever DECA and power supply. I hear they can be had for a resonable price on the net. Then all you have to do is get a coax line from your SWM splitter to where your router is. Connect ethernet cable to router hook coax into the DECA, and test connection on the HDDVR. You are done.

You can buy a recever DECA and power supply. I hear they can be had for a resonable price on the net. Then all you have to do is get a coax line from your SWM splitter to where your router is. Connect ethernet cable to router hook coax into the DECA, and test connection on the HDDVR. You are done.

What do you mean get a coax line from my SWM splitter to where my router is? I have cable internet. Sorry I'm just kinda confused. My cable internet comes in one coax then my other two coax lines for Directv come in on another one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)