HR-34 crashing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rdstull

Original poster
I am a new customer and will be calling the installer back tommorow, but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas first.

I have an Hr-34 and 3 H25's
I had issues with the Hr-34 locking up and randommly rebooting along with dropping the H25s from the Whole home.
On saturday they replaced the HR34 with a new box, but it is also having rebooting issues.

The wiring is a slimine dish into a SWM8 with 21V power inverter and a CCK wired into the swm8
All wiring is thru RG6 homeruns directly to each box. All empty spots on the swm8 have been terminated and the extra port on the PI has also been terminated.

I have seen drawings that show a splitter before the HR34 to drop the signal level, would this affect the DVR if it was too hot a signal?
I've also seen reports of people putting an extra 50ft of cable inline to drop the signal.

Rick

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

The swm8 is supposed to have a 29 volt power inserter, not 21. I'm guessing that's the problem.

Ah, then you have the correct power inserter.

...and what you are describing was a known bug with the HR34/H25 combination, but I believe it was fixed in the latest HR34 release. What software version are you running?

That's the latest version so I would have expected you not to be having this issue. Try resetting the HR34 using the red button. If that does not fix it, and since you have already had one replacement hR34, I suspect there is something wrong with your installation. Post back and tell us if the reset worked OK.
The HR34 says it is 0X582

I have tried multiple resets. I added a ups about 2 hours ago to make sure that I was not having any power issues I will give that a little while and see what happens. Most of the time I see crashes/resets every few hours.

OK just to follow up. I added a UPS to the HR34 and also to the Broadband adaptor and Splitter this seemed to stabilize the Network connection.

The HR34 crashig though seems to have been an issue of turning off the stereo caused it to shut down and until the stereo was turned back on it would not reboot. I have the HDMI out of the HR34 going into the stereo because this switches between a couple of HDMI inputs before feeding the Plasma. Normally we would turn off the stereo and TV when we were not actively watching TV. If I leave the stereo on and just turn off the Box and TV it has been stable for 36 hours.

Has anyone ever seen the HDMI output causing the Box to reset?

OK just to follow up. I added a UPS to the HR34 and also to the Broadband adaptor and Splitter this seemed to stabilize the Network connection.

The HR34 crashig though seems to have been an issue of turning off the stereo caused it to shut down and until the stereo was turned back on it would not reboot. I have the HDMI out of the HR34 going into the stereo because this switches between a couple of HDMI inputs before feeding the Plasma. Normally we would turn off the stereo and TV when we were not actively watching TV. If I leave the stereo on and just turn off the Box and TV it has been stable for 36 hours.

Has anyone ever seen the HDMI output causing the Box to reset?

oh yeah, HDCP negotiation trying to go through to the TV and erroring out since the TV isnt there. The stereo isnt reporting to the HR34 that the unit is off so the 34 just continuously asks for authentication and eventually crashes.

One of my TVs has a similar issue, if you try to turn on the xbox while it is not on the input it will never fully turn on, and if you switch away from the input while it is powered up if its running netflix it reboots.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts