HR 34 REPLACEMENT POLICY 01/22/16

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've had an HR34 for 2 years since I got DirecTV at the end of 2013. Mine is also painfully slow. I'm one of the "movers". Would they deliver to the billing address if requested?

The majority of the HR20s were leased ... That was the first recvr that they started the Lease program with.
You are correct, they weren't doing SWM install at the time, but the HR20 had the predecessor to the SWM built into it, I don't remember the exact letters, I wanna say FRM or something to that extent.
It says on the back to connect to input #1 with FRM next to it.
I believe it's "FTM"

Who cares if you have to pay shipping. Be glad you got rid of your HR34.
The lady I spoke with said "you DO NOT have to pay shipping", I am NOT slow, when I am told you DON'T PAY SHIPPING I believe what they are telling me. It's not rocket science. If she said I get my own private satellite that will fly above my house then I am going to get my satellite or darn well find out why not, and why I was told that.

I was told I would receive a "return kit" with my new dvr. I guess I won't know exactly what they want until it gets here monday or tuesday.

The return kit is basically ripping out the foam in the box that the HR44 came in, put the HR34 and power cable back in that box and ship it out with the provided label.

I just received a call from Directv Tech support (5:50pm 01/24/16) - The lady said Hello Mr. _____ as you know we are replacing the HR34's AT NO COST TO OUR CUSTOMERS and if you still have your HR34 still running could you take 10 minutes and let me walk you through sending a software report from your HR34 so we can try to see what we did. She said the tv would have to be off for 10 minutes and I said I would love to help you but the game is on, she said each person I am calling has said that and she laughed and said could she call back later and I said sure I would love to help out.

I just received a call from Directv Tech support (5:50pm 01/24/16) - The lady said Hello Mr. _____ as you know we are replacing the HR34's AT NO COST TO OUR CUSTOMERS and if you still have your HR34 still running could you take 10 minutes and let me walk you through sending a software report from your HR34 so we can try to see what we did. She said the tv would have to be off for 10 minutes and I said I would love to help you but the game is on, she said each person I am calling has said that and she laughed and said could she call back later and I said sure I would love to help out.

It's a keyword search for sendreport

As a CSR, I can attest to the fact that the HR34s are NOT being replaced at no cost. Shipping and handling is a requirement without the Protection Plan. If a customer is told that it is free, then gets charged for it, then it should be notated.

HR34s are expected to be returned. The HR34s that were shipped out prior to 1/22 were coming in the smaller HR44 boxes. By doing this, the HR34s won't fit. A new recovery kit would need to be requested and will not automatically be sent out. If you don't want to be charged a Non-Return Fee, I would recommend calling in.

If you don't want to pay for shipping and handling, add the Protection Plan. Threatening to cancel over $19.95 is silly, but your prerogative, I suppose, if you feel like being a cheapskate.

Edit: This is what the current CADIE is saying regarding the replacement of HR34s:

"****1/19/2016 UPDATE: **If the customer indicates this is an ongoing issue for them, you may process an ERP. The customer will be fulfilled an HR44 with a RC7X remote ** If an ERP is not processed, submit a NET escalation"

NOTHING states that they're being replaced for free. ERP policy dictates whether or not it'll be free; i.e. within 90 day warranty or with the Protection Plan.

The lady I spoke with said "you DO NOT have to pay shipping", I am NOT slow, when I am told you DON'T PAY SHIPPING I believe what they are telling me. It's not rocket science. If she said I get my own private satellite that will fly above my house then I am going to get my satellite or darn well find out why not, and why I was told that.

so because you spoke to jane schmoe from "directv" who said you wont be charged, you're not slow. because CSR's and sales reps ALWAYS know whats going on...

PS. if your getting you're own satellite, it IS rocket science :)

Fascinating. I've never had to pay for shipping for any of our receivers or replacement remotes or anything over the years, and we don't have the protection plan.

See, here's the thing with those plans, and I like DirecTV, for the record. They say that you can upgrade your receivers every two years for no extra cost. However, what I've found with their tech is that if you simply wait about four years between upgrades, they treat your account with freebies anyway. And honestly, once you get the Genie line of receivers, you're not going to be upgrading anytime soon anyway, because 4K for broadcasting is at least 3 - 5 years away, per se.

On top of this, the plans make no sense for repairs/replacements either, because since DirecTV leases all of their boxes now, they are their assets. Therefore, if something happens to them (I'm talking in terms of HDD failure, etc.), it's on them anyway.
Well the new ATT / Directv gateway will be hear by 2017-2018

So are they only giving out HR44's or 54's to new customers now? I get hooked up on Saturday.
My order sheet says I'm getting 4k support, so that would be the 54 right?

Called Directv yesterday and asked to have my HR34 replaced. The CSR was awesome. Said no problem. Said it would be here in 2 to 3 business days. It came overnight. Shipped from other side of Atlanta.

All I can say is WOW. The HR44 blows the HR34 away in speed. Enjoyable watching TV again.

So are they only giving out HR44's or 54's to new customers now? I get hooked up on Saturday.
My order sheet says I'm getting 4k support, so that would be the 54 right?

depends, 4k can be done via RVU (which from what i've herd is not really a good experiance) or through a C61K which does 4K over HDMI. the only combo of equipment that will be ready for live 4k is the RBLNB, a HR54, and a C61K on the 4k tv. for streaming 4k you only need a Genie (although HR34 would probably not deal well with it) and a 4K RVU TV or C61K.

in the event you're getting the C61K make sure the installer does the test. its pretty simple, just hook the power and HDMI up to the C61k and right below the message "No Servers Detected" it should say something like "TV is 4k compatable" or "not compatable" as applicable. i believe it requires the MHL port on the TV to work properly (which ever one that is).

Called Directv yesterday and asked to have my HR34 replaced. The CSR was awesome. Said no problem. Said it would be here in 2 to 3 business days. It came overnight. Shipped from other side of Atlanta.

All I can say is WOW. The HR44 blows the HR34 away in speed. Enjoyable watching TV again.

Very nice to hear it was that easy.

Reactions: harmlesslyfatal

Yep...I went on chat yesterday and asked for it to be replaced. No problem, even with delivery to the billing address. Hoping mine comes overnight as well, but if not, that's OK. I can finally use the HDMI for it again (HDMI on the HR34 has been broke for a little while). Paid the shipping but that's OK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)