HR-34 Slowness Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Slim chance DirecTV can or ever will fix this issue. In the two years plus I have had the HR34 at least every other software release slows it down. The last I received in 10/15 is horrible and I am sure they are well aware of it and do not seem to be in any hurry to try to correct it.

Reactions: Troch77
Slim chance DirecTV can or ever will fix this issue. In the two years plus I have had the HR34 at least every other software release slows it down. The last I received in 10/15 is horrible and I am sure they are well aware of it and do not seem to be in any hurry to try to correct it.
There's been rumors of a new UI even before the HR34 came out.

Sooner or later that got to happen.

I feel your pain. I had the hr34 for a day and a half and was freaking out. I called directv and they sent me 2 hr44's had to send one back lol. Works great. I did have to unplug the direct connection to my router, it was just killing the speed.

Thought it was just mine...

I have slowness and lock up occuring for the past month or two. I finally called Directv requesting a new receiver due to the issues. They say no plus they say the problem is a software issue and are working to resolve. The support rep Clifford was one of the best I have ever talked to. He tried different ways to move me to the new unit. But to no avail. Their policy is no to replace and pleaded to bear with directv. He said eventually directv will either need to resolve the software defect or upgrade. Right now management is rolling the dice by refusing to replace he said at some point they may need to upgrade users. Huge financial cost for direct tv. So it is a financial position for them. I can't see where they will change their policy until they lose a percentage of their client base

This is a unusable service and consumers should not accept such poor service. I can't use back up and when I do it just continues to rewind or ff for minutes at a time. Remote commands are delayed up to 30 seconds, entering channel misses numbers.

My cost to cancel is 90 bucks. I am canceling and going back to dish and will save 47 buck a month.

What a pain in the butt, I just want a reliable and error free experience, yet direct tv Can't deliver. What a shame. Consumers should not accept this. Adios direct tv

I don't expect to see any long term fix. They may release some software that will be a little better, but if the past is any experience, the one after that will slow it back down. The current release is by far the worst I have seen though.

I got new software 0x0ac8 downloaded to my HR34 a couple of nights ago. BIG improvement. Not perfect but back to usable.

Is there anyway to get them to upgrade the HR34 to the HR44? The speed issues with the HR34 have been going on for several months now and has gotten way worse in the past few weeks. I am very tempted to just switch to DISH if this issues isn't resolved very soon. This is very frustrating.

Is there anyway to get them to upgrade the HR34 to the HR44? The speed issues with the HR34 have been going on for several months now and has gotten way worse in the past few weeks. I am very tempted to just switch to DISH if this issues isn't resolved very soon. This is very frustrating.

Call and call until you get someone who will swap. Shouldn't take too too long...

I got new software 0x0ac8 downloaded to my HR34 a couple of nights ago. BIG improvement. Not perfect but back to usable.

Mine was running faster for a few days, but now it is back to the same as it was. Maybe it was just where it rebooted after the new software install.

Just in from DIRECTV

HR34-700 Guide/Menu and channel changing slowness.

Customers may experience system slowness with the guide and changing of channels. Due to this slowness issue customers may also have a perceived experience of the HR34 locking up, remote control not working or responding. Engineering is investigating.

*** UPDATE ***

In order to help engineering better track this issue if you are having this issue DIRECTV would like to know the following information...

1. Time of occurrence and channel number
2. What were they doing prior to observed slowness
3. If watching TV before observing slowness, how long since last interaction with receiver?
4. Is the receiver more responsive immediately after initial slowness occurred?
5. Where did they observe slowness? (guide/playlist/channel change, etc.)

Thanks!
Was down in FL at my brother's house. He has a HR 34..The lag was annoying, bordering on frustrating.....

a cup of water dumped into the receiver would do the trick. LOL

Reactions: Troch77
Lately I'm seeing a new problem or issue develop with my 34, and the single C31 mini client we have connected to it. Now at random days/times in addition to the slowness issue the C31 will just freeze up. The picture becomes a static image on the screen, and stays that way. You can change the channel, and it will show the banner for the channel you change it to, but no video will come in. To get live video back I have to completely power off the C31, then turn it back on again. I like to sleep with the TV on at night, and usually leave it on WNBC or ESPN. I've seen it happen during the Tonight Show several times, and it seems to happen every time I leave it on ESPN. I'll wake up in the morning or on over into the night and cut it off, then back on and video comes back. Anybody else seeing these symptoms as part of your 34 woes? It also happens frequently when the HR34 is turned on in the living room. As soon as you turn it on, the C31 freezes up.

I have a C41 and HR34 and have not noticed the client freezing any. The client does take a very, very long time to display a picture when turned on.

I'm curious.. how many of you who have the sluggish HR34's and clients are using the original DSWM 13 LNB? I don't often use my HR24, but I turned it on last night and noticed it is sluggish as well with channel changes. Could the LNB be part of the problem?

I don't think the LNB is making the difference here, the HR34 is just not powerful enough to be a proper server.

I had an HR34 and added a C31 and within a couple days cancelled the client and sent it back, and paid full price for a regular HD receiver.
The clients were just way too slow. The HR44 improved the client speed somewhat (I've heard, still don't own a client).

HR34 is just underpowered, and as the software has added components it continues to get worse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)