HR-44 Freezeups

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Bartlesville,OK
I have had my Hr-44 fro two weeks and love it. Only problem is it has locked up three times since I got it. Each time, the only fix is red button reset. This always happens on live tv. Completely locks up and loses sound. Works great otherwise, and definitely faster than my HR-24, but the lockups are a pain. Anyone else seeing this?

That is really strange.. I had that same problem with the HR34, so they upgraded me to the HR44 and so far, after a week, I haven't had any of those problems..

I have had my 44 since the first or second week of may, and have had zero lockups, or problems of any kind actually.

What model HR44 is it? Is it a HR44-200,HR44-500,or HR44-700? I'm just asking to see if any possible lock-ups are just limited to that series(200,500,or 700).

What exactly is the difference between a 200/500/700? I've always wondered that..

The number just indicates what company manufacturers it. Otherwise they are the same.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What model HR44 is it? Is it a HR44-200,HR44-500,or HR44-700? I'm just asking to see if any possible lock-ups are just limited to that series(200,500,or 700).

Mine was a HR44-500, Whole Home DVR with two clients. Samsung 4KHDTV, all equipment plugged into APC 1500 series Backups XS UPS (Battery Backup). Wired Cat6+ Gigabit Ethernet.
Had no issues for 8 months then suddenly started locking up.
During live TV viewing, image would freeze, audio would continue for about a minute of so then go quiet. Reset button unresponsive, had to hard power cycle (unplug unit, count to 10, reboot). First once a day or so, then to several times a day. Then it finally locked up and wouldn't recover even after hard power cycle.
Left it unplugged for several hours, rebooted fine and worked for almost a week. Then started freezing up again. once a day, then several times again...
Finally got so bad I called DIRECTV, they sent a replacement unit. Didn't loose much, managed to watch or delete most DVR content before the swap.
Now have a HR44-700. Will see what happens now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)