HR10-250 one SAT input only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rugarcia123

Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
Florida
I am replacing my D11 receiver with my HR10-250. I'm doing this because I have ordered an HR21 for my living room. I'm also upgrading my dish from the round 18" dish to the Slimline 3 dish.

My main concern is that in my bedroom there is only one SAT feed. Will I have a problem with only 1 SAT feed? Is it difficult to change the setup of the HR10-250 so that it only looks at one SAT input?

The TV in my bedroom is not an HD set so I really don't care about recording HD channels. I do still want to use the receiver as an SD DVR.

I also understand that I won't be able to watch and record two different channels.

Thanks,

Rudy

First welcome to the site. :welcome

You can do only one cable and it isn't hard at all to do it.
The only thing is that you can only record/watch one live show at a time.

I haven't gone through the menu on the HR10-250 but I am assuming that setting the box up to only handle one SAT input is available. Has anyone gone through this and did they have any issues?

I'm not sure what you mean by adding two additional lines from the Slimline dish. Are you saying in case I want to have the ability to record and watch two channels at the same time?

I have gone through the menu and changed to the single line input and it works fine.

I had mine set up in my bedroom for quite a while with just one sat feed. One question though, why don't you add the second line?

I had mine set up in my bedroom for quite a while with just one sat feed. One question though, why don't you add the second line?
I may end up doing that. I just wanted to know what it would take to change the rcvr from working with 2 SAT inputs to just 1.

Thanks

I may end up doing that. I just wanted to know what it would take to change the rcvr from working with 2 SAT inputs to just 1.

Thanks
In the menu,select repeat satellite setup (it will ask you to press the thumbs down button three times) and then choose one satellite only. You'll be good to go untill you run the second drop. At that time you'll want to redo the setup.

Maybe hook up an antenna too?

You may want to hook up the HR10-250 to a nice antenna as well, if that makes sense with your physical layout. That unit can record HD TV off the air and that'd give you a a second input so you can record two channels at once, or watch live while recording Sat or vice versa.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts